DH had to eat his words...

amyg530

so when i re RFed Connor my DH told me that he "wouldnt put up with him facing backward" when he was in the car. well he never rides with us except for road trips and that was today, he didnt "make me" turn it around which was smart of him b/c i wouldnt have done it anyway but any chance he got he mad a smart a$$ comment about it, like when Connor asked for something and i was like, what did he say? and DH goes, i dont know, i cant hear him b/c hes turned around :rolleyes:yeah well Connor slept for about the first 3 hours and then we stoped to do diapers and get some food and feed the baby ( i nursed him right there in the front seat and DH didnt say a word:thumbsup:) once we got back on the road Connor just proped his legs up and chilled untill about the last 20 minutes when we hit some traffic bc of a wreck and at that point he was just ready to be out of the car. but usually he starts getting cranky much earlier when he was FF. anyway DH finally saw that Connor really doesnt car that hes RF and it was the quietest hes ever been in the car, he wont admit that i was right but he knows it. anyway i was happy that it went so well and i wanted to be like "in your face hubby" LOL

ADS

jdchic3

Lol! I'm so glad he proved your DH wrong! FWIW, I've always nursed my little ones in the front seat too. (When the car is parked of course! ;))

USmominOz

Sometimes men just don't get it, but I love it when you just want to say I told you so when you are right. They do not like to admit it when they are wrong.

Dh still can't understand why I have so many carseats for 2 kids and that dd at 7.5 y/o is still in a harness and I am like she only weighs 46lbs!

Laurenc0101

So great to hear Connor did so well rf for the trip! I hope Brayden is just as happy when we make the trek to Bama in the next month or so!

TXAggieTech

That is great! We all need a few of those moments with our DHs.

FYI, we always tells parents at our checks to get in the back with the children instead of moving them to the front. You don't want to trust the airbags, or the cars around you.

amyg530

That is great! We all need a few of those moments with our DHs.

FYI, we always tells parents at our checks to get in the back with the children instead of moving them to the front. You don't want to trust the airbags, or the cars around you.

yeah i know about the air bag, but we didnt have the truck running for that reason and b/c connor was pretending to drive

Oliver

I have been reading the forum for a few days now, and thinking about cars and car seats for our first due in April.

I have already seen what RF is worth for a child, and know I will have the car seats all checked after install. So here is one husband who will argue to keep the kid safe.

Thanks for all the great info, I hope I will be ready come April.

Oliver, RN and husband.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC