When did Chicco make a convertible seat?

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
I was at the post office today and the car parked next to me had an interesting seat in it. It was installed FF (center) but I distincly saw a lable on the side that referenced RF, so it must have been a convertible.

It looked old. Had beige straps and a blue cover, which struck me as funny. I think it had a 5 pt harness (definitely no OHS). And I saw silver metal clips/brackets attached to the outside of the seat near where the child's knees would fall. They looked like the seat belt would thread through them when RF - they sort of looked like 1/2 of an old-style chest clip (paperclip style).

I couldn't spend much time examining it because there was another woman sitting in her car in front of me and I would have looked like a freak (more like the carseat geek that I really am ;-). But I think I saw half of a Chicco label on the cover. The pictorial doesn't mention a Chicco convertible. I couldn't tell if there was a chest clip, but maybe it was European? Anyone recall such a seat?

Not that this really matters for anything, I'm just being curious.

Kathy

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
These are Chicco
41lx3b5gDiL._AA280_.jpg

415DODekb%2BL._SS500_.jpg

50326968_full.jpg

vector.jpg

ingressbilde_CHICCO%20BABY%20TRANSIT.jpg

fchi2.jpg

monzogary

Senior Community Member
It actually sounds like the old Fisher Price Safe Embrace convertible. We had one, and it really was a good convertible car seat. It was good for eight years, so its possible that the seat was not expired yet.

RubysGirl

It actually sounds like the old Fisher Price Safe Embrace convertible. We had one, and it really was a good convertible car seat. It was good for eight years, so its possible that the seat was not expired yet.

Good catch, I didn't pay much attention past the "I thought I saw a chicco label". I just reread it and I think you're right on the money. Those paperclip things are the built in rf lock offs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC