Mixed feelings regarding Britax CS

NatenMaddiesMommy

Senior Community Member
In the end I finally got what I wanted, which was for Britax to offer to switch out my DC for a BV or MA - I chose a BV. But all the crap I had to go through was such a pain. They've had my seat for almost a month only to determine that they were "unable to replicate the problem I was experiencing" with an 18lb child dummy in the seat because that is afterall the weight I told them my child was. In the process I've made several phone calls to them and on 2 of those occasions I was told someone would call me back within 24hours. Is that a joke? Because if I hadn't called them back after a week I probably never would have heard from them.

When they told me they were going to send me back my seat b/c there was nothing wrong with it (you know, other than the fact that I can get the damn harness loose to get my kid out) I had to pull the "I paid almost $300 for this seat and I "expected" it work just as well as their other products. I mean if a $40 seat from Walmart is easier to loosen and tighten, what the heck are we paying all this extra money for?" So after a brief waiting period on hold with the rep had a conversation with her supervisor, I was promptly offered the choice of a BV or MA as a replacement but was told that this was final resolution to this issue. Basically if I didn't like the BV I was SOL...yeah right.

And now that I think about it I ordered the repair kit a few months back for a Regent that I got from a friend and it has yet to arrive....NICE :thumbsdown:

ADS

amy919

I agree that their customer service has really gone downhill. I had a problem with my MA and was getting the run around although in the end, they did replace it with a brand new seat even though mine was out of warranty. I did have to fight for it though and it took a lot of effort to get it all resolved.

Good luck!

arly1983

I wish you hadn't just posted this because my new (2 week old) DC is now sticking something horrible....:(

I think I might call the store first...

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I am srry your experience has not been great :(. I have always been able to get right through on the phone and have calls returned. I have never had a issue with a seat other than my BV Shannon cover not fitting correctly and they offered to exchange it. I opted not to as the CS told me the BV she had sitting next to her was the same way.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Someone on another board just powerwashed her puked on MA, called Britax, was asked to send it in for them to 'look at' (and put on new straps) turned out the recline mechanism was broken (it wasn't when she sent it), and they sent her a new seat. It was 4.5 years old!

I'm going to change my screenname to TheDecathlonAdjusterSucks, btw...

Auntie2Avi

The DC adjuster is such a PIA! It does not bother me as long as Avi is not wearing his thin fleece sweatshirt, but if I try not to adjust the straps he says they are too tight, which they are because he has more clothing on. I keep them really tight. I can deal with this but when my sister(not his mother) picks him up she can not get the straps to be as tight as they should. I can not wait for my Regent! DC be gone!

scatterbunny

Yeah, it's pretty sad, but almost every business I visit these days gives crap customer service. :mad: Cashiers, waitresses, insurance office clerks, I could go on...but they are almost always very rushed and rude, and obviously don't care.

southpawboston

Yeah, it's pretty sad, but almost every business I visit these days gives crap customer service. :mad: Cashiers, waitresses, insurance office clerks, I could go on...but they are almost always very rushed and rude, and obviously don't care.

i think it's because many places tend to hire inexperienced CS reps and/or pay them very little, so there is not a lot of pride or incentive for them to master their jobs.

vons (a supermarket chain in california) used to (maybe still do) pay their grocery checkout clerks very well, with great benefits and retirement packages, and they would stay for years and years. they were always friendly and competent. around my area now, all the supermarket clerks are inexperienced and earn close to, if not actual, minimum wage. they never keep their jobs too long.

amy919

i think it's because many places tend to hire inexperienced CS reps and/or pay them very little, so there is not a lot of pride or incentive for them to master their jobs.

I agree. Plus, I think a lot of consumers treat them very poorly as well, which certainly doesn't help.

arly1983

Well, I just had a wonderful CS experience at the local baby boutique/toy store. We put Camille in every single convertable in the store and you will never believe what we left with:

A Recaro Como in Midnight Desert!!

They didn't have the Signo but had all the Recaro Boosters and I was impressed (for what its worth, I have never used one) Didn't have time to take pics, as the store was packed with Christmas Shoppers.

NatenMaddiesMommy

Senior Community Member
Well I'm "trying" to me a more patient person these days.

I thought it was amusing that the CS rep could sense I was irritated and called me on it. Rather than get pissed off I calmy explained that I was frustrated with the lack of response I was getting and was irritated that I was without my seat for almost a month. I also explained to her that I know she was doing her job to the best of her ability, but surely she gets customers that I actually irate and not friendly at all. But since Britax boasts their products to be the best, I assumed no less for their customer service department, and obviously I was sadly mistaken. I have received better customer service from Evenflo regarding a $100 car seat. I think that was the jist of what I said to her when she accused me of giving her a smidgen of attitude. She was, afterall, one of the CS reps who did not return my phone call within 24 hours as promised. Sheesh.

I sure hope the BV shows up soon so that I don't have to call them AGAIN!!!

Mama!

Well, I just had a wonderful CS experience at the local baby boutique/toy store. We put Camille in every single convertable in the store and you will never believe what we left with:

A Recaro Como in Midnight Desert!!

They didn't have the Signo but had all the Recaro Boosters and I was impressed (for what its worth, I have never used one) Didn't have time to take pics, as the store was packed with Christmas Shoppers.
You took a como knowing the lockoffs wont work? And you do know if you need something from Recaro, you're screwed. :confused:

arly1983

You took a como knowing the lockoffs wont work? And you do know if you need something from Recaro, you're screwed. :confused:

I didn't really feel like I had a choice.

I could have taken a Britax convertable knowing that she does not fit into any of them width wise. (Been there, had them all)

I couldn't get a refund, just a credit.

And I knew the lockoffs don't work but then I haven't needed them yet.

The seat itself, I don't think is unsafe. It meets both the European standards and US standards.

The CS is really horrible so yes, I know I am on my own, though I believe if I ever have any problems, the owner of the store would do her best to help me out.

Will I keep it? Who knows....

mommy2env

Speaking of Recaro...they have a rep at carseatdata.org

And they have actually posted there :eek:

SN- Recaro cares :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC