Check out what I got to destroy

jdchic3

We were taking our things out of my parents' garage and putting them into the storage shed they just built when I stumbled upon an old SnugRide base I forgot I had. A friend had given it to me so I could have an extra when DD was born. The DOM was May of 1998. DD was a 2005 baby so I'm glad I never used it. Anyway, my dad just got a new sledgehammer and I had some fun!

IMG_1632800x600.jpg

IMG_1635800x600.jpg

IMG_1638800x600.jpg

When I was done I put it in garbage bag and put it in the dumpster. It felt quite liberating!

ADS

melniemi

Way to go! Looks like fun. I have an expired snugride in my basement - but I am saving it for my dd to play with!

smurf

Our recycling service takes all kinds of plastics (even plastic bags). I'm wondering if it would go in the recycling bin instead of the dumpster (after the sledgehammer treatment, of course). I'll inquire when the time comes to retire my seats.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, there's the answer to the question, "wouldn't even an old seat be better than no seat for a kid whose parents can't afford a new one?"

NO!!!!!

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Wow, that looks like it would be really good for stress relief. Glad you were able to get rid of it!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Wow, so did it shatter as easily as it looks like it did?

I have an old seat in my basement waiting to be destroyed. I just don't have a good sledgehammer or I'd totally be doing exactly that to it. Wonder if a hammer would do the same thing with a seat almost 20yrs old..

Anyone else who takes a sledgehammer to a seat should videotape it just in case it shatters like that - it'd be good for a youtube on why you shouldn't use an expired seat. :thumbsup:

jdchic3

It WAS really fun to do it. The sledgehammer actually bounced off the first few times and then finally went completely through the plastic and got stuck. It took quite a few whacks to get it all the way in half, but I was really proud when I was all done. It WOULD have been really fun to video tape it! That never occured to me!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC