3 Across in a 2000 Jetta Pictures

Chameleon

I did it. I didn't think it was possible, but wow they fit. I started with the middle and then did the out board seats. They are all in there with the shoulder/lap belts.

They are a FF MA/ RF FPSVD/ FF BV

Sorry no kid pictures, they are sleeping and my nephew is at his house. :D

DSC00297.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

ADS

ThreeBeans

Well done :thumbsup:

I'm to no end irritated that other people can get three across of BRITAX in their little cars when if I even used one Britax in my SUV, no other carseats were going in. :mad:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Wow, I would have never guessed it possible with Britax seats in a Jetta!

:2thumbsup:

Suzibeck

Wow! Well done!

I bought the Scenera to go in dh's 2003 Jetta so we would have room to put a TB on one side and seatbelted child on the other. With the MA in the middle, the seatbelted child is too squished, same thing if I put her in the middle no matter what combo I did. I have to pull the TB out a bit to buckle it and then shove it back in place and tighten the belt. I never would have thought 3 big Britax would fit. Right now, dh is driving carpool with the HBTB and Parkway outboard and a very skinny kid in seatbelt between them. My oldest won't fit back there with that configuration as she is much more solid than the neighbor girl.

U

Unregistered

Wow, that is amazing. I just posted a new thread before I found this one. I have a 2005.5 Jetta with 2 FF Britax Roundabouts, do you think I could fit a RF Graco Snugride in the middle with a belt? I have the other 2 LATCH attached right now. Do you guys know how big across the Snugride base is? Is it bigger than what we see in the pic here? I would love to not have to sell my Jetta, I love it and it's almost paid off. :)

Hum, Or maybe I just buy another Britax for the middle if the snugride is too big and just bypass getting an infant seat???

17 month old twins (23 and 26 lbs)
new baby due May 5

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I would turn those 17 month twins around RF, and if the OP can fit three full-size Britax convertibles I don't think you'll have a problem fitting in a Snugride.

Calideedle

How exciting! lol

I have to try now!

I can get A Marathon, Radian and Nautilus in my Jetta (haven't tried anything else)

Good job!!!!!!!!!

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Wow, that is amazing. I just posted a new thread before I found this one. I have a 2005.5 Jetta with 2 FF Britax Roundabouts, do you think I could fit a RF Graco Snugride in the middle with a belt? I have the other 2 LATCH attached right now. Do you guys know how big across the Snugride base is? Is it bigger than what we see in the pic here? I would love to not have to sell my Jetta, I love it and it's almost paid off. :)

Hum, Or maybe I just buy another Britax for the middle if the snugride is too big and just bypass getting an infant seat???

17 month old twins (23 and 26 lbs)
new baby due May 5

Two RA's and a Snug Ride eill fit in a Jetta, but only if the RA are rfing.

You *could* fit a Snug Ride in the middle, but getting it over the top of the RA outboard will kill your back in very short order.

If you turn the 2 RA's rfing you can get the SR outboard without a problem.

Plus, rfing is much safer and is recommended until at least 2 yrs old.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC