Washing Britax covers

Karen

How often do you do this?

We have had the BLVD for over a year and I have yet to wash it. It has been peed on more than once too. :whistle:

It is really getting gross, but I'd hate to ruin it.

How do you wash yours?

ADS

melniemi

I also wash mine in the washer, hand wash cycle, cold water. I have put mine in the dryer on air fluff for 30 min and then hung to dry. I have front loaders, if that makes a difference, I don't know!

eta: And they have come out looking like new every time!!

amy919

I have always washed on gentle cycle, cold water and air dried. They've come out looking brand new every time.

As for how often, I routinely clean out the crumbs and stuff and spot clean them while they're installed for small stains (like footprints or juice spills), but I only take them out and wash them once or twice a year, as needed.

Niea

I've had a Decathlon and a Boulevard for the last 2 years and have never washed the cover. But they haven't gotten dirty or gross. I have a Roundabout, though, that I've washed the cover a few times because that's our travel seat and it gets nasty fast.

I wash it in our front-loader on delicate with cold water. I dry on no-heat for 20 min or so, then let it air dry the rest of the way.

3acorns4Christy

I try to wash the main seat every season or big road trip. It's the granite cover for the MA and it comes out beautifully. I had to wash the new MossyOak cover last week because it got a pretty bad blowout accident all over it, I washed it gentle with small ammount of detergent and air dry for 30min and it came out pilly on the bottom. So that will be the handwash cover.

crunchierthanthou

I use the handwash cycle in front loader then hang dry. I only wash it if I can identify the mess. It's kind of the same philosophy I have about my tile floors. :eek:

Karen

Thanks. I will try it out in my hand wash/wool function. I'm a little hesitant since I washed a wool diaper cover in there once and it came out newborn size. But hopefully this is different than wool!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC