3 Carseats in 06 Dakota Quad Cab *PICS*

3acorns4Christy

I am watching my neighbors kids for a weekend at the end of the month and wanted to see if I could fit all 3 carseats in our truck.
I thought about it logically and with as big as the MA is and the AOE I thought nope. But proved myself and my DH way wrong.

Tight Tight Tight squeeze but both doors shut with no extra effort or squishing.

Here is what the backseat normally looks like
f83d8d5e.jpg

Here is what it looked like last night after I suceeded my mission!

*We were not going anywhere and Joel, my son, was sitting in the AOE drinking his Milk laughing because he was FF and listening to music, his seat is the RF MA*

b10a729c.jpg

232a2dcc.jpg

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Nice job! I agree with you the recline on the snugride was to upright. Glad you noticed and fixed it. :thumbsup:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Looks good. :)

It looks like the headrest position on the alpha omega might be in the booster only position - hard to tell for 100% certain in the picture at the distance it is, but that's what it looks like... Is the oldest using it as a booster or a harnessed seat?

If you're using it as a harnessed seat I would double check the height the harness is set at if he's older - if it's in the position he needs it in right now, just loosen the harness and try adjusting the headrest up further. If you can adjust it up further and you hear the bar pop in, then you know there's another position above where it is right now. If you can't then you know it's in the booster only position right now. (You don't have to uninstall to do this since you have the nifty red tabs on the front. :))

3acorns4Christy

Yep all independently installed, and the AOE was in the booster position because it was being a PITA for me to get my hand between the MA and AOE with the headwings in my face. It will be moved back down though.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Yep all independently installed, and the AOE was in the booster position because it was being a PITA for me to get my hand between the MA and AOE with the headwings in my face. It will be moved back down though.

I was pretty certain you knew all about the usable harness positions, but it never hurts to check. Is it bad that I see enough of those 3in1 seats around here to spot what position the headrest is in from a side picture?

Lara

very cool! My friend has this truck...man has it been a pitb for ff seats (outboard) because of the headrests. We have gotten snugride, ff marathon, and ff radian in it though. The marathon will only work ff in the center.

3acorns4Christy

very cool! My friend has this truck...man has it been a pitb for ff seats (outboard) because of the headrests. We have gotten snugride, ff marathon, and ff radian in it though. The marathon will only work ff in the center.

Thanks for the advice. The AOE wouldn't go in the middle and grr was making me pissed off.

Lara

I bet! That truck is definatly a pain. It wouldn't be bad if the headrests were removeable, but they interfere with almost everything that is ff (except the radian, triumph, and AOE apparently!). We haven't tried a lot of ff combo seats though, because my friend is extended harnessing and a 40lb seat wouldn't do her much good at this point!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC