My 30 dollar FPSV booster came

ThreeBeans

:D

I know, I don't need a booster. But now I have a place to put it! Because I have a minivan!

It is NOT bad for a lil 30 dollar jobby, I like it better than the Graco Turbobooster...seems more solid and less of a flimsy design. It does adjust for width. I sat DS in it and it fits him perfectly, he's actually too tall for the shortest setting :confused:

The pattern is much cooler looking than it is on line, much like with the FPSVD. It's more padded than a Graco TB.

One interesting thing of note...it has no weight limits in either direction :confused: It specifies it's for children between 38 and 57 inches in height. It does not have a minimum or maximum weight limit, and does not have a minimum age limit. It does say in the manual that children should be harnessed to 40 lbs, but that's all.

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Weird about the weight.

We just snagged a PW for $39 from Sears. Didn't need it, but man, it's nice.

Glad you like it. Now, don't go putting Bean1 in it. :D

Starlight

Senior Community Member
:ROTFLMAO:

My ds is kinder age, and he's demanded to be allowed to sit in a booster full time - the Radian pinches his umm... bits, apparently. He even told the Sears gal that... though he used the proper anatomical terms. LOL

ThreeBeans

I love how COMFORTABLE kids are with anatomy.

When we were leaving preschool the other day I asked if he needed to use the restroom and he screamed, "NO, MOMMY!!! ME HAVE NOOOOOOOOOO PEE-PEE IN MY DEENIS!"

BookMama

Senior Community Member
We have this seat and DS loves it! I bought it as an extra (to use when I drove/chaperoned a field trip) but DS likes it so much that he asked me to switch it out with the Parkway he usually uses in my car.

My understanding is that the weight limit is 100 lbs. Sure would be nice if they actually mentioned that somewhere on the box or in the manual!

sirrahn

FWIW Britax dropped the weight guidelines on the last StarRiser Comfies (the seat the FPSV is based on) they made too. I have one SR/C that has an 80lb limit on the label and the one I picked up as they were clearancing them out only has the height guideline and no weight. It also has the comment about harnessing to 40lbs in the manual.

I guess they did some additional testing or something.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I feel about the same about the FPSV booster. It's not very tall compared to our Air Booster (both are in high-back mode today, actually, as we're taking the Astro to the city). Fighter just fits in it with the back all the way up, which I suppose is saying something considering he's an average-sized 9 yo.

I don't think it's more padded than the TB, though. I know the TBs vary on the amount of padding they have, however, so I'm comparing it to the "nice" one dd has. I also think the TB is better for small kids; when I had my 6yo niece in the FPSV booster, it didn't position the seat belt as well as I'd have liked.

It sure does squeeze into tight spaces, though! :D

lovinwaves

I actually have this booster as well, with no kids to put in it. I didn't need to buy it, I just wanted to. This is the only booster I have heard that fits in the 8th seat of the Odyssey, so I figured I better own it just in case I have a child in my vehicle that needs a booster :eek: (yeah, right like that will ever happen considering I have 3 Radians hehe, but that's how I convinced DH to let me get it :love: )

I put my teeny 3 year old DD in it once and buckled her in the van. She actually fit pretty well. She is about 37inches. This would make a great emergency booster for smaller children. It is very narrow, and the cush factor is good as well :)

musicmaj

I don't know what I would do without this booster. It sure fits well in my corolla. I will be sad when my two outgrow the height because I won't know what to replace them with since I have no head restraints in the car.

I just thought I would let you all know if you take the cover off the bottom while making it wider it is much easier and you can get it to the maximum width.

scatterbunny

Congrats on the new, spare seat! :) I have a backless Starriser Comfy, which is basically a backless FPSV booster, and I love it for the narrow spots it can fit into. The width adjustability is soooo nice. I keep wanting to get a FPSV booster so I've got the narrowness/width adjustability plus the high back, but can't justify another booster purchase right now. :eek:

lovinwaves

I keep wanting to get a FPSV booster so I've got the narrowness/width adjustability plus the high back, but can't justify another booster purchase right now. :eek:

It's calling your name "Jennnnyyyy, Jennnnnyyyyy" It's still there waiting on you :) I'm sure my hubby would be thrilled if you would take it off my hands.

ZephyrBlue

I'll be the grumpy voice of dissent :p I hate ours!! Compared to the Parkway and Vivo Lite, it has so little SIP. Just seems like a cheapy seat to me. BUT- that sucker is super narrow and I have been glad to have it a couple of times during carpools when I had to get 5 kids in seats in my minivan. I'm trying to sell it on CL right now for $20 but have had no takers. I think I'm turning into a booster snob :whistle: because I want a sturdier booster with better side impact protection than what the FP provides

lovinwaves

LOL! :p Maybe after Christmas shopping is done... :) I should be finishing up shopping this afternoon.

Heh, no hurry. I mean it's not like it's an eyesore or anything. I like the thought of having it, ya know? "Just in case" Wow, I canNOT turn into a carseat junky. That would be baaaadd very very baaaaad.

scatterbunny

Well yes, compared to the SIP of the PW and Vivo, the FPSV isn't top-notch, but it's great for what it is: a super-narrow seat that will fit where others won't! I want one to use with an 86Y in the middle of my third row (lapbelt-only, no headrest, too narrow of a spot to use any other seat there).

ThreeBeans

I don't think it's more padded than the TB, though. I know the TBs vary on the amount of padding they have, however, so I'm comparing it to the "nice" one dd has. I also think the TB is better for small kids; when I had my 6yo niece in the FPSV booster, it didn't position the seat belt as well as I'd have liked.

Yeah, I compared it to the TB I've played with which is the bare-bones 40 dollar one..it definitely had more padding. And it must vary so based on the child, because although I thought the TB was a great fit for Bean the First, the FPSV fit him very nicely too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC