We made it to 3 RF! And something really stupid...

SPJ&E

Today (technically yesterday, 12/9) was Pacey's 3rd birthday! He made it 3 years without ever riding forward-facing! His party was today and he had a great time!

In other news, his birth board, that I've been on for over 3 years now is attacking me and didn't even wish him a happy birthday. They are offended by this...

CSBigkids.gif

Yes, that's right, they are offended by that blinkie. I mean it is so vicious. They apparently translate it to say "You are a horrible mother if you put your 3 year old in a booster". A couple of them say that when they seen it, "it was like a slap in the face". Call me crazy, but I could have sworn it just said that boosters are for big kids. So after I come home from my baby's birthday party and want to show some pictures, I find a post completely attacking me for stating facts and not just bowing down to the "cool" ones...god forbid you disagree with the popular ones on the board. I don't know what I was thinking trying to help them keep their kids safe...how could I do such a thing!?

Okay, I'm done now, lol. Thanks for reading!

ADS

cryswilkins

Happy birthday! Congrats on great ERFing.

If you are talking about Pregnancy Weekly, that is one of the main reasons that I don't go there anymore. Some of the boards are so clique oriented. They are only attaching you because they are insecure with their own decision.

SPJ&E

That's where we started, but they have a different board (I think it's the 3rd one they've moved to). They are very much clique oriented and I never realized just how much until now. I know they are just attacking me because they are insecure about their choices...still hurts though after you've been talking to them for so long.

Thanks for your response!

LimePink

Senior Community Member
Happy birthday to Pacey!!

Birth boards are absolutely ridiculous sometimes when it comes to car seat safety. I agree, they are just insecure about their own choices. Sorry, when it comes to my child's safety, I can swallow my pride and admit when I'm wrong even if someone pointing it out is a person I don't like...kwim? (Granted I know I wouldn't listen at the time, but I guarantee I would look up their info to see if there is truth behind it) Why put your kid in danger just because someone you don't like or whatever is giving you information?!

Yeah, I deal with this on my board as well. I gave up and now I rarely post. They all disgust me:eek:

Wow, 3 years! Congrats and happy birthday.

I saw the blinky and thought of it as a "reminder" not a slap down.
My niece is 4.5 and uses a booster has for at least 12 months, but in my car she is in a MA. Rules for my car are more strict. If she was younger she would be getting the Truefit as a belated christmas present, and be back in one. However she is and will stay in a booster, Mums rules.

katiesmommy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PACEY!!!!

Sorry you are dealing with the jerks sam, I'm kinda glad that I never joined a birth board after hearing some of the horror stories from some of them.

Momto1bigkiddo

Happy birthday to him!! :)

Don't worry about the birth board group. I can think of much more offensive things in life than a boosters-for-big-kids blinkie. :rolleyes:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Happy 3rd b-day to Pacey!

Birth boards are so high schoolish sometimes... there can be great groups of women, but some issues just get everyone's panties in a twist for no good reason and people turn on each other out of the blue. I'm sorry you were the focus of it. I certainly don't find that blinky offensive.

Wonder what they'd think if they saw this: :rolleyes:
weanwhenready.gif

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Happy Birthday, Pacey!​

Good for you for sticking to RF and to using the blinkie! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Melizerd

Happy birthday!

That blinkie is adorable! I'm lucky that I belong to a playgroup that actually listens to me about information and they all enjoy the
buybritax.gif

and even had this made and used for awhile
Britax.gif

I don't get how your blinkie is any different then any other blinkie, I mean I have a "My kid is cuter then yours get over it" one and it's supposed to just be fun

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I love that blinkie!

Happy Birthday Pacey!

(no comment on the sheeple on your board, however...I can't say anything nice...)

MomToEliEm

Hopefully all the discussion on your board has convinced at least one person to stay harnessed a little longer when they might have moved to a booster since that is "just what's done at 3 years old". If I were you, I wouldn't back down and just make them realize that you know what's best and you know the facts and will pass that information whenever you feel it is needed. I may not go around posting carseat posts, but if I ever saw a post requesting information on boosters or carseat advice, I would sure be there with the correct information.

mom2riley

Happy Birthday Pacey!!

I am sorry about the people on your board. I am on a sub-board of DS's original board because things got to clique and we didn't want to deal with the drama. I asked last week what seats everyone's kiddos were in and all but one of them had their LOs in Regents, BV or Radians. :thumbsup:

Yoshi

Happy Birthday Pacey! And, I like your blinkie- it is very non-confrontational if you ask me. The moms with 3 yr olds in boosters are offended because they do in their hearts that they are not following safest practice, and would rather hide their heads in the sand. Sorry they are being stiff-necked about it.

L-and-A

congrats sam and happy birthday pacey!! some people just dont want to admit they are wrong.... and i will always stick up for you on there i think the whole thing was pointless and uncalled for!!

Michi

Happy Birthday!

And I really like the blinky!
Now see...when I saw it I thought...
don't switch them too soon to a seat belt because Big Kids should still be in boosters....
(either way I think it's great, and I wasn't offended at all by it!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC