Her first ride forward facing

RJB78

CPST Instructor
Well, I've been debating myself for a few weeks about whether or not to turn her. She's 25 months, ~31 or 32 lbs, and was riding rear facing in a Radian. I went ahead and turned her because the scale we have at home is unreliable, so with it being this close, I wouldn't have known if she was over the limit or not. I would rear face her in the AO we have in dh's car, but she's pretty cramped in there and getting extremely close to being too tall for that. Ffing seemed to be the best solution.

Tonight she rode this way for the first time, and I must say, she seemed to really enjoy it. She was more interactive and very talkative. I kept turning to look (when it was safe ;)), and she just looked so unnatural to me. It will take some getting used to for me.

She's still in the Radian, and it's top tethered, installed with LATCH and Safe Stop. (And btw, the boot was hooked on the adjustable base bar and was a B to get off - is it always like that?)

Last edited:
ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I hate when they grow up. :) It is weird to see them ffing, I think that every time Evan rides that way. Yes, if you've used the Radian rfing for a while it probably was pretty well on there.

Ali

I turned DD at the beginning of November. It was very weird at first. Now she's just annoying. :rolleyes: We have a running commentary of our entire drive, I get scolded if the light turns yellow while we're going through an intersection and she kicks the seat.

Good job keeping her RF for as long as you did!!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC