Replacement seats for Chevy Trailblazer?

ADS

Stretchy Glue

To the best of my knowledge, no. It would probably require significant modification because of the way the bench is installed. I really don't think it would work at all.
BTW, have you ever looked under that seat? I have an Envoy and it's quite complcated.

beeman

I don't see why it would be that difficult, if it was an option available on that year and model. The structural supports should all be there already, and it would just be a matter of finding the replacement seats, and making sure that they are installed properly and secure. Check with the dealership, and they will be able to tell you if your vehicle is capable and what extra parts you need.

Stretchy Glue

To the best of my knowledge, the Trailblazers and Envoys were never offered with buckets. The Tahoes and Yukons had that option but they are the big sibling to the TB/En.

DsnyMom

Can I ask why it is why you want the captains chairs? They were never offered on the Trailblazer so it would not be an option. On a side note i'm surprised you were able to get a good install with the head rest up with your moo seat. We have had 2 trailblazers and I have marathons and decathalons and to get the britax to fit securely in the seat we had to pretent that we were tumbling the 2nd row like we were going to lay the seats flat so that the head rests would flip backwards. Once they flipped backwards then we would open the seat back up and then be able to install the britax seat correctly and tightly. With the headrest up there was way too much gap in-between the back of the carseat and the seat itself.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Can I ask why it is why you want the captains chairs? They were never offered on the Trailblazer so it would not be an option. On a side note i'm surprised you were able to get a good install with the head rest up with your moo seat. We have had 2 trailblazers and I have marathons and decathalons and to get the britax to fit securely in the seat we had to pretent that we were tumbling the 2nd row like we were going to lay the seats flat so that the head rests would flip backwards. Once they flipped backwards then we would open the seat back up and then be able to install the britax seat correctly and tightly. With the headrest up there was way too much gap in-between the back of the carseat and the seat itself.

I too have to do the same thing in my Tahoe. There is no way I can get a good install with the headrest up.

chasingboys

It's a quite rock solid install! The back of the MA is flush with the car's seat, and it's solid. It's installed with latch. I switched sides not too long ago, I don't remember why now...and the headrest is down, I didnt' notice a difference with the install. Also, my headrests don't flip back (that I know of). What year is your Trailblazer, mine is an 03' with a 3rd row.

The reason I wanted captain's seats is because I have a 3rd row and I wanted easier access to the 3rd row when we have our next baby. I saw the captain seats as an option on the Tahoe, and I thought maybe it could have been an option on the Trailblazer as well (I wasn't sure so I thought I'd ask). I really love the Trailblazer but the access to the 3rd row is really going to be a problem soon!

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I don't know about the Trailblazer but on my Tahoe to get the head rest down I have to tumble the seat to the cargo mode. Where the seats are folded flat like your going to carry a bunch of cargo. The headrest fold back behind the back of the seat.

I don't know what year model the other poster had but nothing has changed in the Trailblazer since it first hit the market.

S

Shawners

Does anyone know if I can put foreword facing seat in the 3rd row of my 2003 chevy Trailblazer

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC