Inglesina Twin Swift

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I've had this now for a few months, and everytime I use it...I curse it more and more. I HATE IT now. I can barely get it open anymore and I'm no wimp. I hate the canopy is always popping off when it's closed and I'm always having to put it back on...even though we don't USE the canopy...I want it there. Actually, they help hold up my purse and diaper bag...so I guess I use them. :rolleyes:

The harness is a JOKE...it doesn't go tight enough to secure the kids...they are both 14mo. Now, they can't get out of the waist portion of it (they can the shoulder straps and they are as tight as possible), so in that regard, I suppose it does it's job...but if I ever get an itty bitty...it'll really be a joke. And as I suspected...my kids constantly fight in it...reaching through the sides and pulling hair, clothes...kicking each other.

I want to sell it. But I don't know what to replace it with. Budget is a SERIOUS issue right now...

We mainly use it going to the drs, into McD's for visits and shopping. I do like how easy it is to steer...that's a plus...probably the only one I have for it. Any suggestions? I have a Suburban, so small fold isn't an issue.

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
To steal the idea from another thread--the Jane' Powertwin might work for you.. it's NOT a side-by-side, so no fighting, and yet it steers almost as well as one. It's expensive, though.

Since size isn't an issue, a used Mountain Buggy would be my #1 suggestion-less expensive, and the sling seats divide kids up a little bit better. It's solid, and it'll fit into your car ;) But you're still looking at around $500, give or take $150 depending on used/new. ReturnsForSale.com often has Mountain Buggy returns for below what you'd find them for on Craigslist, etc., and they're almost always in better condition than you would expect for their descriptions (although I once got something that was in WORSE condition!) You could also sell your current stroller to recover some costs.

You may also want to consider the Mac Twin Techno (Twin Traveller) or the Twin Triumph (Rally Twin) as well. They both look and steer almost identically to your Twin Swift, although perhaps they steer a tad bit better, and you won't have the hood annoyance--but you'll still have issues with fighting.

I'm a huge Mountain Buggy/Maclaren fan, as you can probably tell from my reply :)

-Nicole.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Kay, what exactly is your budget?

I don't know...I was originally thinking $350...but I just saw the Baby Jogger City Elite...and OMG...and I don't typically LIKE jogging style strollers...but this one could convert me! LOL But $600?????? I don't see that happening anytime soon.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Oh, I like the Valco one too....but again, it's cost prohibitive...man I need to find something I can sell! LOL...hmmm, guess I could try to sell my triple...haven't used it but once in ages....

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Depending on what I could sell my triple for...I guess I could go up to $650...IF I can get at least $300 for the triple...

lovinwaves

Kay, what about the new Baby Jogger City Series Mini. Not a JOGGING type stroller AT all. I immediately thought about this for you. Like a side by side umbrella, but better! Only weighs 23lbs (you can see it in my siggie). Folds in less than a second in half. Super easy! It's not even out yet and it's already a hit. Check out this video. You will see it's single version first and then you will see him demo on an orange double http://www.babytv.com/videos/ABC-Baby-Jogger.aspx

Mine is preordered, excepted early January. I am so excited! It has 8inch wheels instead of the standard 4inch. Pushes easily, 50lbs weight limit PER seat. Has a bar that goes all the way across, so your arms aren't spread across like a traditional umbrella. It retails for $399, but there are preorder deals out there :)

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I looked at that one...but according to Baby Joggers website, it has a 33lbs limit per seat...and that immediately stopped my looking. I kinda like the idea of the ones with air filled tires...it could actually be used on our property and for walking around here (no side walks). It's certainly not required...but I have that on my single pram and LOVE it.

lovinwaves

I looked at that one...but according to Baby Joggers website, it has a 33lbs limit per seat...and that immediately stopped my looking. I kinda like the idea of the ones with air filled tires...it could actually be used on our property and for walking around here (no side walks). It's certainly not required...but I have that on my single pram and LOVE it.

Nope. It's a typo. It's 50lbs per seat :) :thumbsup:

ETA: I just reread what Michelle(owner of Baby on the Go) wrote on Strollerswap regarding this:

The straight answer is that the stroller frame will hold
up to 100 lbs. total. If you are not storing tons of stuff in the basket
then you can use it for up to a 50 lbs child in each seat. BJ has
stated 33 lbs per seat to be on the conservitave side. Michelle/Baby On The Go

And another member called Baby Jogger as well:

This has been discussed back and forth and I decided I needed an
> answer for myself. I just called Baby Jogger and spoke to Paula Perks
> who told me that the weight capacity on the stroller is 100 lbs. If
> you plan to load up the stroller with bags and stuff in your basket,
> then the seat limit is 33 lbs.
> If you arent loading up your basket, by all means, put a 50 lbs child
> in the seat!
> I think they are just covering their bases and dont want heavier
> children in the seats plus tons of bags, jackets, etc. But the
> stroller limit is 100 lbs., it just depends on how you distribute it.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Hmmm....intriguing. The best price I've found is $349 w/free shipping....that's definitely in the budget range without having to sell the triple. But I would be happier with a BJ Elite? Or the Valco? Does the BJ have a toddler seat like the Valco?

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
OK, that thread got me to thinking the City Mini wouldn't work due to the fact that we do get snow/ice (like today) and the paths may not be nice and clear...so one w/air tires will probably be the way to go. SOOOOO...I've decided to sell my triple. I'm going to list it on CL first, and see if I get any takers. If I can get that sold, along with the Inglesina...I should have enough to get the better double....

Now, which one? BJ or Valco? Which one comes standard with the bar in front? Any of them?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC