I saw the Orbit tonight!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I stopped at the baby store on my way back from having the breaks replaced in my van. Not a good thing right before Christmas (the van that is, not stopping at the store). They had the Orbit out and said they'd actually sold at least 1, but not in town here. It's a pretty neat little seat and stroller. It has a built in lockoff on the base, can be used w/out the base, has a paparazzi cover (seriously, lol) for the infant seat, it's very deep which is nice for side impacts, and the diaper bag hooks right on the bottom of the stroller. There's a seperate toddler seat for the stroller after the carseat is outgrown as well and a bassinette for the house? I didn't see it there. These were all the pics I managed to snag. The people there are so talkative that I didn't have a chance to grab many, but the one is nice that shows it's pricetag. :whistle:

dec07029.jpg

dec07026.jpg

dec07025.jpg

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
haha ONLY $840 lol, nice picts

Yeah, and that's on sale! :)

Yes, standard 5-22# and about 29". It also has an anti-rebound bar on the base as well, not as big as the Companion, but noticable. Oh, 3 strap slots so probably pretty low bottom slots which is nice.

crunchierthanthou

Is that at a USA Baby? The one here always inflates the prices. All of the Britax seats are perpetually on sale, but the sale price is MSRP. :rolleyes:

I've played with the Orbit once0 cool concept, crazy price. You'd think they could have at least made the weight limit higher than 22 lbs.

Holly

Is that at a USA Baby? The one here always inflates the prices. All of the Britax seats are perpetually on sale, but the sale price is MSRP. :rolleyes:

I've played with the Orbit once0 cool concept, crazy price. You'd think they could have at least made the weight limit higher than 22 lbs.

The Usa Baby here inflates the prices? On all their stuff or just Britax? Thats where I bought my radian ($199, suposedly on sale, but isn't that the normal price?) Dang, thats the only place I can think of around here that will probably have the compass true fit when it comes out. DO you know of any other local stores that would have it? Maybe I can just try it in the store, then order online.

By the way, you are talking about the Usa Baby in Taylorsville right?

crunchierthanthou

Yeah, that's the one. They don't actually charge more than MSRP, they just pretend like it's on sale. So if they have the True fit it will probably sell for ~$190, but I bet that will be a "sale" price.

Wineaux

BRU carries a lot of the Compass line, so I am betting that they will add the TrueFit when it comes out.

Suzibeck

Looks like a cool seat but the price!:eek:

I saw the Orbit one time on one of the baby shows on TLC or Disc. Health. The harness was soo loose it fell right off baby. Oh yea, an $800+ carseat will protect your baby no matter what so why bother making the harness fit?

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Looks like a cool seat but the price!:eek:

I saw the Orbit one time on one of the baby shows on TLC or Disc. Health. The harness was soo loose it fell right off baby. Oh yea, an $800+ carseat will protect your baby no matter what so why bother making the harness fit?

I saw an episode with the Orbit too---the harness was horribly loose. But what got me was the mom in a tank top, capris, and sandles...and the baby in a snow suit.

Susan

sb518

Yeah, that's the one. They don't actually charge more than MSRP, they just pretend like it's on sale. So if they have the True fit it will probably sell for ~$190, but I bet that will be a "sale" price.

She's so right... they have everything marked up and then "Sale price" normal MSRP :rolleyes: It ticks me off because people think they are getting a deal. Also the "we gaurantee the lowest prices!" sign on the door or whatever.

but as far as the orbit... it is fun to play with, but for that price?? I think not

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC