Can I order a new tether fom Britax?

U

Unregistered

We had a mishap with some spilled paint and I went to Britax's website to order a new cover, straps, hugs pad and chest clip (it got everywhere) , but I also need a new tether and I didn't see it listed under replacement parts. I have a 4 year old Roundabout that we no longer use, could I take the tether from that? Will it fit the Marathon??
I did a google search for replacing parts and found this site, I hope someone knows???
Thanks in advance!

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
You should not borrow the tether from the Roundabout. I'm pretty sure the tether on the Marathon is replacable. Just give them a call on Monday: 1-888-4-BRITAX.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I don't have a Britax convertible anymore, but I would not change the top tether on your own. You could use any Britax D-ring, but please call their toll free Customer Service number for help on this.

crunchierthanthou

I would call Britax as well. My only other suggestion is to order everything at once. They charge at least $8 shipping whether it is all the items you mentioned or a single chest clip.

TXAggieTech

The tether is replaceable. I ordered our over the phone from Britax for a tether that looked like it had been hanging out the car door for a few miles!

dhardawa

Back when retailers could order accessories :mad: one of the things available was a tether kit so I know for sure they exist. Do NOT use the Roundabout tether. It isn't crash tested with the heigher weight of the Marathon.

Auntie2Avi

Short answer, yes call the CS line and they will send it to you.

Long answer: Avi's father broke the tether clip of the MA when he was taking it out of the car once, and we had to order one. It was very easy to replace IMO.

HTH

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC