Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Question Can I order a new tether fom Britax?

We had a mishap with some spilled paint and I went to Britax's website to order a new cover, straps, hugs pad and chest clip (it got everywhere) , but I also need a new tether and I didn't see it listed under replacement parts. I have a 4 year old Roundabout that we no longer use, could I take the tether from that? Will it fit the Marathon??
    I did a google search for replacing parts and found this site, I hope someone knows???
    Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

Re: Can I order a new tether fom Britax?

You should not borrow the tether from the Roundabout. I'm pretty sure the tether on the Marathon is replacable. Just give them a call on Monday: 1-888-4-BRITAX.
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

I don't have a Britax convertible anymore, but I would not change the top tether on your own. You could use any Britax D-ring, but please call their toll free Customer Service number for help on this.

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

I would call Britax as well. My only other suggestion is to order everything at once. They charge at least $8 shipping whether it is all the items you mentioned or a single chest clip.

The tether is replaceable. I ordered our over the phone from Britax for a tether that looked like it had been hanging out the car door for a few miles!

CPS Technician

Back when retailers could order accessories one of the things available was a tether kit so I know for sure they exist. Do NOT use the Roundabout tether. It isn't crash tested with the heigher weight of the Marathon.

Short answer, yes call the CS line and they will send it to you.

Long answer: Avi's father broke the tether clip of the MA when he was taking it out of the car once, and we had to order one. It was very easy to replace IMO.

HTH