Have you seen Recaro's new pictures?

ADS

lovinwaves

Well, good heavens :rolleyes:

I see lots of fake smiles too.... :whistle:

Welcome to the United States Recaro...we put our chest clips on um...THE CHEST!

MomToEliEm

Those 7 year olds look awfully tight in that seat. I would have thought they knew how to position a chest clip correctly since they are the actual car seat manufacturer, not just a 3rd party site advertising the seat.

ZephyrBlue

Those must be some mighty skinny 55lb 7 year olds, since my very petite 41lb 7yo complained that her shoulders were scrunched in the Como :rolleyes:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
And aren't the shoulder pads on the harness supposed to be on the SHOULDERS (hence the name!) to protect the neck from getting gouged by the harness? They have them down on their chest, what purpose exactly would they serve there other than looking pretty?

Mama!

I want to run away. What awful photos and Stupid misuse of the clips. I mean, really now. A chest clip down by the buckle?

lovinwaves

Well, it's obvious they let their Europe marketing do the pictures and find the models. :ROTFLMAO: I'm sorry but it just makes me giggle. They were probably like "WTH is this for? Hmm..let's just shove it down near the buckle"

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I emailed them:

"As a CPST, I am appaled at the pictures you've used to demonstrate the different sizes of children that can fit in the Como and the Signo. Your manuals clearly state that the chest clip should be slid to the level of the childs armpits, but you are showing it at the belly region.

How are parents supposed to know the appropriate way to buckle their children if they are being misled by a leading car seat manufacturer. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Even Dorel has better pictures than this.

Please correct this life or death mistake ASAP.

Thank you"

Morganthe

Those 7 year olds look awfully tight in that seat. I would have thought they knew how to position a chest clip correctly since they are the actual car seat manufacturer, not just a 3rd party site advertising the seat.

I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if those picts were from an outside hired Ad Agency. Those kids and their names look more European than US which means they have absolutely no experience with short shoulder pads and chest clips. :shrug-shoulders:
Finn
Till
Len
Gwyneth
Lars
Sophia is more common in the US than Sophie.

So definitely someone messed up with the proper fit :p

I wouldn't mind trying out dd in one of these seats. She loved sitting in the very narrow Maxi-Cosi. She missed the side cushioning for a long time after we switched to the Regent. So if it wasn't for roof clearance, she might have been comfortable in this seat for a long time. I'll never know. I"m done on harnessed seats unless there's some sort of accident for replacement. Boosters are the next step, but not for a while. :p

southpawboston

I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if those picts were from an outside hired Ad Agency. Those kids and their names look more European than US which means they have absolutely no experience with short shoulder pads and chest clips. :shrug-shoulders:
Finn
Till
Len
Gwyneth
Lars
Sophia is more common in the US than Sophie.

^^^ yeah that. most companies use 3rd party ad companies to do their photo shoots. it's just that there isn't adequate oversight between recaro and whatever ad agency did the shoot.

southpawboston

I emailed them:

"As a CPST, I am appaled at the pictures you've used to demonstrate the different sizes of children that can fit in the Como and the Signo. Your manuals clearly state that the chest clip should be slid to the level of the childs armpits, but you are showing it at the belly region.

How are parents supposed to know the appropriate way to buckle their children if they are being misled by a leading car seat manufacturer. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Even Dorel has better pictures than this.

Thank you"

what's the saying? you can attract more flies with honey than with vinegar? or something like that? people will take you more seriously when they aren't being "shamed" by a complete stranger. :whistle:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I emailed them:

Thank you"

:thumbsup: on you letter! I can't believe They did that.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
what's the saying? you can attract more flies with honey than with vinegar? or something like that? people will take you more seriously when they aren't being "shamed" by a complete stranger. :whistle:
Ah, well, you send them a sugar letter. I said it like I meant it. They should be ashamed!

ThreeBeans

Ah, well, you send them a sugar letter. I said it like I meant it. They should be ashamed!

Yup. I sent a letter too, strongly expressing my distaste. Sugar and honey are for parents who are trying to do the right thing but just need a little education. Strong words have their place, and I believe a company who has made one mistake after another in its products is a good place for strong words.

southpawboston

Yup. I sent a letter too, strongly expressing my distaste. Sugar and honey are for parents who are trying to do the right thing but just need a little education. Strong words have their place, and I believe a company who has made one mistake after another in its products is a good place for strong words.

here's my prediction. recaro NA is thinking to themselves, "oh, lordy, it's those car-seat forum moms at it again :rolleyes: don't they have anything else to do?" (note, this is not ME thinking this; this is what i'm predicting THEY will think :whistle:). then they will scribble a note of the mistake and shove it somewhere near the bottom of a tall stack of to-dos.

just my prediction... :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC