DH hit a tree!

FrogJuice

So I live in Nebraska and yesterday we were hit with 4in's of snow, and this morning when DH went to work he lost control of the car and hit a tree, the passenger side got all the damage, window broke out, rim of tire all bent, and lovely scratches to go with all of it. It's a 2002 ford explorer and, yes happens to be the only car we have. so he put plastic on the window and put the spare tire on the tire with the bent rim, so we can at least get to where we need to go. We decided not to report to the insurance company because our deductable is to high, we think we can get all the work done for cheaper, my DH has a lot of friends who do this type of stuff for a living. So the thing that really sucks about that is the scenera happen to be in the car at the time. DD was not in the car but the car seat was, the como wasn't thank god, I would hate to have to replace two car seats. She was soon to grow out of it but she did still have 2-3 inches of growing room, so I was going to wait until the truefit came out and order one in february or march, but unless I can find a seat to borrow from someone, for a couple of months I will need to purchase one. what do you think I should do, DD1 is 6.5yo, 40pds and has a 14.5-15 inch torso and currently rides in the como, should I look into a regent for her and let DD2 have the como? DD2 is 4yo, 30pds and has a 12 inch torso should I look into a new seat for her like the ETA? I don't know if I really can justify buying another scenera to use for just a couple of months, if that is the only option then I will. I don't know a whole lot about other carseats, I only have experiance with graco infantseats, scenera, como, 3in1's cosco highbacks, and turbobooster so if you think there is a better way to go let me know what you think.

ADS

southpawboston

glad no one was injured!!!

if you wanted to save money, i'd say give your 6.5 yo the como and give your 4yo a new EFTA.

or, if you want to spend a little more, give your 6.5 yo a new regent, and let your 4yo keep the como.

also, i'll use this opportunity to also suggest that you invest in some high-quality snow tires for your explorer. :thumbsup:. that could be the difference between a close call and what happened with your DH. :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC