Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

95 TownCar 4 door help

ok my inlaws have a lincoln towncar 95 model i think. they use it on travel only and some times in town depending on how many are going with them. Normally in town means 2 car seats and adult in the back and 3 adults in front.
    When they have both grandkids there will be two seats as both girls are 2 and 2 and half one is 30 ish and the other is 35 lbs. right now they put one in the middle and one by the door next too it when they have both of them if not they just use the middle its a lap only belt and i think its a locking latch plate belt with a tail. one seat maybe Apex 65 and the other a Compass Truefit when it comes out (right now one uses a fisher price safe embarce with the lockoffs but its been outgrown and its expired as of this month) due to lockoffs they would not know how to do a locking clip.
    I read somewhere that lap only belts with the Apex needs to have the teather? I looked in the book online I didnt see anything about it having the teahter. they wont install teahters so thats out of the question. is that true?
    I know the Turefit is not out yet but does anyone think the Apex and Truefit would fit side by side. with room for an adult?
    It would be eaiser to get 2 seats with lock offs for this car but thats way too much money

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: 95 TownCar 4 door help

The Regent requires a tether with a lap belt only, not the Apex. The Apex requires headrests behind it.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Quote Originally Posted by wendytthomas View Post
    The Regent requires a tether with a lap belt only, not the Apex. The Apex requires headrests behind it.

Wendy
    ok thanks I thought I read a post on here that the Apex requireing a tether when using lap only belt. I know bout the head rest issue hopefully she can at least use the apex all the way til she outgrows the harness there is not a head rest in the middle of the car
    do you thing these seats would fit side by side in a Towncar?

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

It's possible, but I'd be surprised. I hear the True Fit is about as wide as a Marathon, but a Marathon sits on a base and so the Apex could tuck under it to add a little room when puzzling. The True Fit doesn't and so they may clunk at the base and shoulder. But I don't know. I've never seen a True Fit and no one has ever installed one, nevermind installed one next to a wide seat or in a three across situation.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785