Vacation!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I haven't gone on a non-business-related trip for about a decade ... even missed the family reunion {which is actually enjoyable since our family is large but we almost all live in different states, LOL}

Anyway, my parents gave me their unused Time Share by Disney World & their "extra" frequent flier miles ... so we're going to "Mickey's House"! {As my 3 year old says, LOL} :D

I'm sooooo excited!!!

Just thought I'd let you all know in case you start wondering where I am the next 2 weeks =)

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
THANKS

My cousin loaned me back the Graco Platinum CarGo for this trip ~ so my kiddo will be harnessed on the plane again ;) {I figured the CarGo would be easier to transport than the Wizard}

I'm hoping the rental car is OK ~ they said a car similar to a Dodge Neon.... But, my cousin misplaced the top tether strap for the CarGo & I'm waiting to hear back from the local CPS tech about borrowing one just in case the rental has top tether anchors =/

Well, they don't have one & the tech said I should probably take the Wizard ... chances are Enterprize does have tether anchors on their rentals & I'm guessing my kiddo will be more comfortable in her OWN seat ... so, now I'm off to ask U.S. Air if they can help me get the carseat, toddler & 2 carryons from plane-to-plane during our Layover =)

Last edited:

groovymom2000

Papooses-get a $20 luggage cart, strap the Wizard onto it

and put your carry ons on the seat. You can gate-check the cart if necessary, and I have been known *blush* during a really quick layover, to strap the seat to the cart, have Elliot sit in the seat, carry the carry on and wheel him through quickly! He was only about 1.5 yrs old and in the RA though....I don't think that it's recommended though. You'll have to take everything apart to go through security, but the cart at least saves you from lugging it through! Have a great trip!
Beth~mom to Elliot(12/00) and Ian(05/04)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I didn't get the post about the cart in time, but I wouldn't have had the money anyway :p The flight, hotel, car & park tickets were ALL free!!! Turned out my cousin's girlfriend {he rented me the car} works at Disney & it was "Family Season" or something-or-other, so she GAVE me the Park Hopper tickets! =)

But, I managed just fine ... I cut our carry-ons down to just my hip-pack & my kiddo's tiny backpack with playdough etc. toys & she was so excited to be flying that she was quite happy about walking & "helping" me carry her carseat {by holding on the extra long tether strap, for my sanity more than anything else, LOL} I also loaned my friends huge rolling duffle for a suitcase & was able to strap the carseat onto it & our carryon-ons inside so it was actually pretty easy! =)

We had a blast of course, but I couldn't help noticing we were the ONLY family with a carseat @@ I almost convinced one couple to use theirs since they'd bought 3 seats for the plane ride anyway, but in the end the father's grumpiness won over {he seemed reluctant to have anything to do with the kid, carry-ons, or anything else for that matter, sheesh!}. On our 1st flight an infant got hurt during turbulence: slipped out of mom's arms & got stuck between the seat somehow =( On our last flight a toddler wouldn't sit still & hit her head during turbulence =( I thought to myself, looking at my kid who never moved out of her carseat: "& that's why I lugged this thing all over the place!" But, a flight attendant on one flight {we had 4, ugh} told me I could use the seat onboard @@ Luckilly I'd printed out & brought with me the page from the FAA website about using carseats onboard {hehehe} She turned a lovely shade of embarrassment, LOL! My kiddo was actually "tsk-ing" & shaking her head when she saw other little ones not getting buckled in & a couple times during the flights she told me she was proud of herself for being safe & staying still & quiet & not getting hurt ... YES! =) {BTW, installing RF is much easier than FF ~ I have a scar now from my curiosity at tyring it out FF even though she rode RF}

Also, in Disney I struck up a conversation with a family who had a 16th month old way too big for the infant carrier still using it ~ they parked next to us & after explaining when babies outgrow infant seats & the difference between convertable vs. combination seats {the kind they'd been looking at buying next}, we walked to the cars again a few spaces back so my 3 year could show off to them how she still sits RF in her Wizard =) I gave them the website address here & told them to ask their local police or fire department for more info about finding a certified tech nearby.

Sometime soon I'll have the Disney pics posted in our online photoalbum & can share the link if anyone would like to see?

MelllieMa

Wow! YOu go girl! I love how you make educating other parents such a huge part of who you are, no matter where you are!!!
And yes, I'd like to see you Disney pics. I love Disneyworld. Lucky you to get to go for FREE! Wow!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Thanks :eek: I can't help it.... Some people call it crazy =)~

& yes, there's NO way I'd have been able to go on any vacation, let alone Disney of all places if I hadn't had such luck with family "donations" {LOL}

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Wish I had the cajones to do it with the other parents at Gymnastics! :( I get all kinds of anxiety symptoms if I even try to get myself to talk to people I know I'll see again @@ Like, there's a lady with a 3 year old in a backless booster & 1.5 year old in an infant carrier -- one is too young & the other is way too big! But, the anonymous brochures I've left on her windshield haven't had an effect & I'm trying to get myself to speak up to her, except I worry she'll think I'm some freak stalker, LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC