Changes on new Britaxes?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
The biggest yay, the changed the design of the flap that covers the adjuster lever. It's now sewn shut on the sides to keep little fingers out. :) The manual is now on the back of the seat instead of tethered to the seat and under the cover. When did they stop the rip stitch tether? My BV has one and it was one of the first ones to get one and now they've already stopped it?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It has some extra red thread up at the seat... during a crash it will rip out so that 'ride down' time is extended and less force is transfered into the child. Then, if you see the red stitching outside of the seat, it was an obvious sign the seat was crashed and needs replacing.

crunchierthanthou

They've stopped it? What's the DOM on the MA you got?

They also sew the comfort pads shut instead of velcro and they are more rounded.

jdchic3

So weird. My MA has a dom in early October and has the ripstitch tether. Hmmm...... Also, my manual is still in the tush area under the cover.....

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The tether has been changed so that the rip-stitch part is under the cover. There's a little extra length and also some stitching, the manual shows how to tell if the tether strap has been subjected to crash forces. It also tells you things that might cause the tether to show signs of a crash even if the seat has never been in a crash. ;)

Did you read your manual yet? :whistle: :p ;)

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Mine does have it after all, but the label has been removed. Hmmmm. I guess I need to call Britax on that one.

Amaris

My blvd dom 11-2-07 has the rip stitch tether under the cover, the manual states the other ways to determine if the seat has been in an accident and should be replaced, the shoulder pads are sewn on, and the cover is under the cover under dd's bottom. I like the manual there better though, it's easier to put back where it goes when you have the seat ff!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Jennifer, did you have a problem with your LATCH connectors? The pictures on mine totally confused me because the picture is on wrong. Just wondering if yours has this as well or am I just having a moment :confused: The pictures both face the same way but the connectors are different.
image.jpg

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I have no pictures on my connectors, go figure.

After waiting 30 mins yesterday on the phone to talk to Britax (grrr, I hate calling them), I learned that not all of the seats have the big label (like it shows in the manual) over the rip stitch tethers. My BV has it, but this MA does not. According to the lady the BV works a little differently so the label is there so it rips if the tethers need replaced, the MA doesn't need that. :confused: So why show this picture in the manual if not all seats have it? At least add that to the manual so people like me don't get confused. ;)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Maybe that's why yours has pictures on it...it's Canadian. :)

Even my old one has pictures on it but at least they are facing the right way. The way these ones are is one of the pictures will always be upside down.

Do the US MA's not have a picture on the LATCH connectors :confused:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I've never seen that picture...cool! It corresponds to the standard 'baby dot' picture on the vehicle seats...does it matter what direction it's in? I guess 'up' is good, lol.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I've never seen that picture...cool! It corresponds to the standard 'baby dot' picture on the vehicle seats...does it matter what direction it's in? I guess 'up' is good, lol.
They are both suposed to be up and facing outward but these ones both face the same making it confusing if you are looking at the pictures which way they go as one will always be upside down.

Do you not have those pictures on your connectors? My '05 seat that this one is replacing has them :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC