Tethering 3rd row Honda Ody..

MySillyKids

We have an '05 ody, with the tether on the sill of the rear hatch. Sucky. LOL!

I want to install the regent, back there, put the SnugRide back there too, and leave the ss2 in the second row captains chairs.

the regent needs to be tethered. Can i put the regent outboard, and still tether to the latch tether spot? Its at an angle. I read the carseat manual, says nothing about it, read the ody manual, says nothing about it...

It looks like this \\. when i tether it.. too much?

If this makes no sense i'll go take a pic of it LOL!

The regent needs to be outboard to have the SRide fit.

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I hve a friend with an 02 Oddesy. According to her vehicle manual you can MOVE the TA to the outboard position. It tells you how to do in in your owners manual.

crunchierthanthou

I know you can still move it in the 04 and that the 06 came with 3 TAs in the third row. It's likely you can move it in your 05 as well. Hopefully that's the case because it would be less in the way if it was to the side.

If not, Britax allows up to a 45 degree angle, which is about what it would be to tether an outboard seat to a center anchor.

perltea

The 05 Ody is "special". The tether anchor is fixed and you can NOT install additional tether anchors. I have a Regent installed in the third row, outboard (passenger side). It's tethered at an acceptable angle. Even if you installed the Regent in the center, you'd have to tether it at an angle, as the tether anchor is off center.

o_mom

I hve a friend with an 02 Oddesy. According to her vehicle manual you can MOVE the TA to the outboard position. It tells you how to do in in your owners manual.

'05 is the black hole of Odyssey TAs. There is only one in the third row and no option to add any. The '04 and earlier you can add outboard anchors. The '06 and later there are three anchors - one on the back sill, two under the seats.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Right, 05's were the new model year and they eliminated extra tether anchoring options :(. (Good reason to keep our LATCH manuals next to our mousepads :whistle:)

I *think* though, that Britax allows off-center tethering, and if you call them they may say it's fine to use the center anchor (which in my Ody is actually still 'behind' the Regent, so I'm not sure it's really all that 'off', know what I mean?)

MySillyKids

The 05 Ody is "special". The tether anchor is fixed and you can NOT install additional tether anchors. I have a Regent installed in the third row, outboard (passenger side). It's tethered at an acceptable angle. Even if you installed the Regent in the center, you'd have to tether it at an angle, as the tether anchor is off center.

ya "special" is the right word LOL!

cool. thx.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC