Washing Radian cover?

ZephyrBlue

DD's Princess Radian cover has some yucky sticky stuff (dried, melted Junior Mints, to be exact :rolleyes:) on it. Can I machine wash it on gentle and hang to dry like I do my Britax covers?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
That's how I washed mine...it came out like new... is there anything in the manual about it, though?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
After a experience of machine washing a cover, it fading and the company now wanting to replace because I didn't follow the instructions, I now follow the instructions and hand wash the covers :rolleyes:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, you're so honest...

;)

My front loader is far gentler on my stuff than handwashing would ever be, I'm afraid...I really do have to wash things in there to prevent damage.. If you don't have a front loader, try a garment washing bag, to at least keep the elastic from snagging on the agitator. And of course, wash it separately... I had a mom just gripe and moan about the color of her cover after washing it...in a load of darks! duh!

Mattkarn

I just washed my Recaro Vivo cover in my washing machine on gentle, it's a top loader. It says to hand wash only, but I didn't think the stain would come out. I used All Free and Clear and it came out looking like new with no fading.

tjham

I used Zout on some stains, then washed my Radian cover on the handwash cycle, but even then only for a few minutes before spinning and a short rinse cycle. Then air dried it. It came out fine. I have Champagne which really shows the dirt. :rolleyes:

I think I wish I had Granite instead.
But then again, I still want the Princess cover! :whistle:

Holly

I used Zout on some stains, then washed my Radian cover on the handwash cycle, but even then only for a few minutes before spinning and a short rinse cycle. Then air dried it. It came out fine. I have Champagne which really shows the dirt. :rolleyes:

I think I wish I had Granite instead.
But then again, I still want the Princess cover! :whistle:

I have a champagne cover too, what was I thinking?
I've washed mine once so far in the washer, and then hung it to dry. It came out perfect! I need to wash it again, my dd has thrown up in it since it was last washed (It's been wiped down of course).
I want to get the super cool cover!

ZephyrBlue

Thanks everyone! I have a top loader, but the gentle cycle works well for Britax covers, so I'll risk it I think. DD will get really mad if there's sticky stuff in her seat from her brother, so it's got to come clean, one way or another.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC