I am crazy (Britax Diplomat)

arly1983

Today, after going to tell Dh's mom we were definetly moving and she blew up and shouted insults etc, DH agreed to drive to Kribs and Kradles, my favorite (but expensive) baby boutique for a little retail therepy.

She had Recaro Comos, Vivos, and Vivo Lites and......A Taylor Britax Diplomat.....

Why is I am drawn to Britax 40 lb convertables? I LOVED it. Is it crazy I am actually considering buying this?

Quick question, if the head must be 1 in below the top of the shell for RFing, for the diplomat, is it the main shell or the headrest?

Last edited:
ADS

arly1983

Just FYI, I have BNIB BOulevard in J's closet that I am trying to decide if I want to keep or sell.

It just doesnl't make sense, oh but I love that color, and is just me or are the wings more angled out? Which I havn't opened my DOM Nov 07 BV yet, those wings might be too....

crunchierthanthou

Today, after going to tell Dh's mom we were defiantly moving and she blew up and shouted insults etc

definitely or defiantly moving? ;)

I believe it's one inch below the top of the headpiece and that they are angled out a bit more.

While it will last a bit longer rf than the RA, you'll really only ever be able to use it ff (unless she hits 35 lbs before she outgrows it rf by height). The straps are right at the shoulders. If you can't raise it any higher and she's within 1" of the top, then she'll likely be above the top harness position ff.

I do like it. It's based on the RA, which I :love:. I do think it's a bit crazy to buy it for a 15 mo, but not all of your your carseat purchases have been rational. ;) You'll probably get at least a year out of it, it's a great size and I like the headwings. Is that worth $250? Well, that's up to you. You could probably sell your BLVD for at least that much and then still recoup a fair amount of the purchase price when she outgrows it to use toward her next seat.

arly1983

definitely or defiantly moving? ;)

I do like it. It's based on the RA, which I :love:. I do think it's a bit crazy to buy it for a 15 mo, but not all of your your carseat purchases have been rational. ;).

Both Definitly and Defiantly it seems :whistle:

Nope, I am not a rational carseat buyer, it is a hobby I am afraid. (And was before I even met you guys) At 28 lbs 2 oz, it just really doesn't make sense does it?

hsjwmom

As much as I'd love to enable your habit...nope, it doesn't make sense this time. Comfort yourself with thoughts of the TrueFit! :D

hsjwmom

Totally! We finally got dd2 her Regent and installed it today...dh says, "So I never have to hear about carseats again, right? We're done!?" I just look at him and laugh. We still have the baby to seat! He doesn't realize how easy I've gone on the whole seat addiction.

Shoot, I don't have my cable and my laptop is about to go dead. Anyway, don't do it, Arly! Resist the lure of the Diplomat! LOL

ZephyrBlue

When I called Britax and asked about the 1" rule w/the BV (top of seat shell or top of headrest) I was told top of seat shell- the headrest isn't as sturdy as the seat shell and they use the shell for point of reference on outgrowing.

I love the Taylor colors :love:

thepote

LOL Arly,
I'm like "she wants ANOTHER new seat???!!!"
Still loving the Como, btw ;)
Good luck with whatever you decide to do. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC