looking for suggestions......

U

Unregistered

I am a mom of three kids under 6 years of age living in Illinois.

As I drop off my oldest for school Im astounded at the amount od persons bringing kids without car seats, not buckled in at all and bounceing, kids in front seat by AIRBAG, etc.

My first instinct is to ask them if they value the life of their kids. I do know that confrontation is not easy and doesnt accomplish much.

What can be done to enlighten these folks?? Do I have to print out gross fatal car accidents and pass them out for them to get the message. I would like to prevent a parents worst nightmare, its so easy to prevent a serious injury with car seat use.

Do I call the police and have them write tickets?? Show up and preach at a badly attended PTA meeting? Do I print out and seal in envelopes info for parents??

Looking for the correct persuasive way to get the point across.

Thanks for listening! Irene

ADS
U

Unregistered

Continuation of post

I was wondering , is there a hotline to report parents whom arent using carseats? Seems to me a while back I had seen some commercial but I never copied the phone number. Or maybe I misunderstood purpose.
Thanks Again! Irene

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
If you see any person breaking the law, just call your local police station ... I have the number programmed into my cell phone ~ provide the make & model of vehicle if possible & the lisence plate number ;) You can also bring some lesson plan materials to the attention of the school or leave anonymous flyers on windshields {LOL}Other School and Community Programs
Item # Date Title
9 11-25-98 Outline of an Elementary School Curriculum in Child Passenger Safety
9L 12-98 Sample Letters
73 12-01 Suggestions for Presenting Child Passenger Safety in Your School or Classroom

Good Luck! =)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC