This is probably the worst thing Ive ever seen(misuse)

MommyBoha

A couple in a Mercedes, with a gorgoeus baby girl, who looked to be under a year old, in a RF GRACO TURBOBOOSTER. No seatbelt or nothing. The mom was sitting in the backseat, pushing the kid into the seat. I said something to them, got the mind your own business speech. So I got the license plate and called the cops, I just hope they did something

ADS

keri1292

:eek:

:confused:

How would you get a less than one year old to STAY in a RFing booster WITHOUT even a seatbelt. Not that that would work or even help. OK, I'd be calling the police everyday to ask if they've looked into this. That's CRAZY!
:(

MomToEliEm

That is horrible. Hope the cops take your concerns seriously and check into the issue. That baby needs protection.

southpawboston

how do you know that she was planning to *drive* that way? the mom was sitting in the back seat, so who knows what she was intending to do in the end.

Lea_Ontario

how do you know that she was planning to *drive* that way? the mom was sitting in the back seat, so who knows what she was intending to do in the end.

Well, since the OP said it was a COUPLE in the car, and specified that the MOM was in the backseat with the baby, that leaves the impression that the DAD was in the driver's seat.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Oh my goodness. How stupid can you be? How was she pushing the baby into the seat if it wasn't installed or anything without it tipping over? Was she leaning it into a front seat?

I hope the cops get them. Calling to report child endangerment and attempted vehicular homicide, do you think they would be upset by using those words instead of an unrestrained child? Because that's what they should be charged with.

Was mom wearing her belt?

Wendy

MommyBoha

Oh my goodness. How stupid can you be? How was she pushing the baby into the seat if it wasn't installed or anything without it tipping over? Was she leaning it into a front seat?

I hope the cops get them. Calling to report child endangerment and attempted vehicular homicide, do you think they would be upset by using those words instead of an unrestrained child? Because that's what they should be charged with.

Was mom wearing her belt?

Wendy

No, none of them were. They had the front seats scooted back and the booster was "braced" against them. Ive only lived here about a month, so Im not sure how much they enforce the seat laws. I know the tech that inspected my seats didint know much about ERF or HWL seats.

tl01

I'm just wondering what else you think they would be planning to do. It is almost as bad to have a child that young FFing in a booster... so I think some comment to them is warranted either way.

dd9736

I'm just wondering what else you think they would be planning to do. It is almost as bad to have a child that young FFing in a booster... so I think some comment to them is warranted either way.

I agree, a comment is warrented either way, but I think Southpaw was trying to play devils advocate.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC