How to protect carseat when toilet training?

Auntie2Avi

Avi is finally toilet training, YAY! He went to the bathroom 4 times at school today and two times after he got home. He is wearing easy on/off pants without underwear. I am just worried about protecting the carseats, lol. I went to the drugstore and bought those incontinence pads that are soft on one side and plastic on the other, and I cut them to fit, but is there anything else to use in the carseat that would work better? A piddle pad?

Thanks!!

ETA: http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=304264&navAction=jump&navCount=2&id=prod768599
This is similar to the product that I bought, but I got them from Longs. They are very thin, with plastic on one side and soft cotton on the other.

Last edited:
ADS

southpawboston

i use medical blotter pads and cut them to fit in the carseat. the kind they use in the ped's exam rooms and in labs. thin absorbent paper bound to a layer of plastic. can't get thinner than that. is that the same thing as those incontinence pads you mentioned?

actually, 3B, that piddle pad didn't cost you :twocents: but seven hundred and ninety nine cents. just FTR :p. mine, on the other hand, were :twocents: less than :twocents:. ;) :whistle:

Mommypooh

I just used the lap pads they sell and put one in teh seat as it really is not that thick. It worked well as did carrying a potty in the vehicle and asking them if they ahve to go everytime before I put them in the seat.

mburks26

what about puppy pads cut to fit I have some extras from when we had our puppy then I thought after running out of those get the lap pads as we tarting to potty train as well

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC