What cars fit 3 car seats in back?

H

hainc

Not interested in big SUV or minivan.
Would prefer wagon or small SUV.
Have Evenflo Triumph, Graco Snugride and hopefully booster seat at some point in the future.
Thanks for help.

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
We have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a Saab 9-5 wagon and we can it three carseat in the back of both. We have a ff Britax Marathon, a rr Peg Perego Primo Viaggio, and a ff Britax Roundabout. HTH

groovymom2000

In my Volvo wagon I have gotten

2 infant Graco seats--one with a base, one without and a FF Marathon. It was very tight and difficult thouugh.
Beth~mom to Elliot(12/00) and Ian (5/04)

KeikiHula

thefosters.2 said:
We have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a Saab 9-5 wagon and we can it three carseat in the back of both. We have a ff Britax Marathon, a rr Peg Perego Primo Viaggio, and a ff Britax Roundabout. HTH

What year is your Jeep? I have an older one ('88) and I can only fit 2 carseats in the back. I can't even fit them both side by side. With them both outboard, my friend's skinny minny little sister can't even sit in the middle.
We are trading it in in the next few months for something that can fit 3 seats across the back. ;-) Right now, I have my 4 yr old in the middle in a harnessed Chase (waiting for our Wizard to get here. YAY!) and my 1 yr old RF in the front in a Titan b/c I can't get his seat to fit RF in the back. I'm not real happy with this arrangment, but I think it's the safest option at the moment.

shashoo

Subaru Outback

This weekend I was able to get a rf Wizard, cosco designer 22 infant seat, and ff Cosco regal ride in the back of my outback. I think that when the time comes I should put a ff Roundabout in there instead of the infant seat and put the Reagl Ride rf. I'm not sure, but I am not going to take the current scenario out until I absolutley have to. It was tough getting the wizard and infant seat in together. BTW the infant seat can not be removed easily out of the base. HTH

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Our Jeep is a 2001...and I ment to say that the Roundabout is rf not ff! I am actually suprised at how easy it is to fit all three carseats in the back of the Jeep, even though it seems smaller inside then the Saab it fits all three carseats alot better. I have the ff Marthon behind the driver, the Primo Viaggio in the center, and the rf Roundabout behind the passanger seat. HTH

KeikiHula

thefosters.2 said:
Our Jeep is a 2001...and I ment to say that the Roundabout is rf not ff! I am actually suprised at how easy it is to fit all three carseats in the back of the Jeep, even though it seems smaller inside then the Saab it fits all three carseats alot better. I have the ff Marthon behind the driver, the Primo Viaggio in the center, and the rf Roundabout behind the passanger seat. HTH
Wow, the newer ones must be alot bigger. My friend had a 99, but I only had to put 1 FF carseat in it. In my '88 I could *barely* squeeze a Snug Ride behind the passenger seat, and I had to have the seat scooted forward quite a bit. Now that my ds is over 20 lbs and has to be in a convertable, I can't fit it behind the passenger seat even with the seat as far forward as it will go. I really like my Jeep, esp now that we live in northern Idaho with lots of snow. Maybe I'll look at the new ones. :)

U

Unregistered

I have fit three car seats in both a Ford Contour (although a very tight fit,) and a Mercury Sable. The Sable had plenty of room and actually had space inbetween the car seats. I have two FF century seats and a Graco Infant seat.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
KeikiHula~We LOVE our Jeep! We actually traded in our 2000 Cadillac Escalade for it...and we love the Jeep so much more, which is pretty funny to a lot of people! It is quick, we have the HO V8, good looking, drives very nice and is great off-road. When we just had my daughters MA in the rear and I would sit back there every once in a while I always complained about the lack of room. But now as far as fitting carseats I have been pleasently surprised at how easily they fit width wise. With the Primo Viaggio in the center we can have the front seats as far back as it goes...and we fold the handle bar towards the head of the carseat where it is supposed to go...so we aren't cheating on space there! :) And with the RA behind the passanger seat I have it tethered and there is still plenty of leg room but it can't go as far back as it would go...but I am 5'8" and sit comfortably there. Out of all the cars we have owned since kids (4 years, 7 cars) the Jeep has been the easiest for installing carseats also. Let me know if you have any more ??'s! HTH

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC