So...who is buying a true fit?

melniemi

My 3.5 yo appeared a little 'smushed' in her ma today - maybe it just appeared that way because she had her fleece snowsuit on. If it gets above 7*, I'll go try her w/just her shirt. She has also complained a couple times that her 'private parts' hurt??? It doesn't seem too tight.
Anyway, I was all set to order baby a ma during the feb sale, but I am reconsidering passing down the ma and getting 3 yo something wider. Either a regent or true fit.........
So....who is going to order a true fit to review for me??:D I may order one myself, but I'm afraid I won't like it after being Britax spoiled. But I am afraid the regent won't install sbp with my long fixed, forward angling buckle stalks.

ADS

Suzibeck

Sorry, I'm keeping my eye on it, but I won't buy unless/until I see some good reviews on it. I love that it sits lower. As much as I love my MA, for my big kid, it is just up too high.

arly1983

You know I am getting one. Already have it preordered.

The new MA is on ebay. I forgot what a bad fit it is for my wide kid and my tall kid is nearly too tall for it. Bummer, it installs so well.

melniemi

Sorry, I'm keeping my eye on it, but I won't buy unless/until I see some good reviews on it. I love that it sits lower. As much as I love my MA, for my big kid, it is just up too high.

See, that's what I think too! I want some good 'real' reviews from the trusty carseat fanatics here!! I think she would be fine in her ma for another year, possibly 2, but it doesn't expire for 3 years. She is about even with the 2nd to top slots when I buckle her in, but about an inch below when I go to take her out, from settling in! I really think she would 'fit' until it expires considering my 6 & 7 year olds 'just fit'. It is just a matter of how comfortably she'd fit!

melniemi

The new MA is on ebay. I forgot what a bad fit it is for my wide kid and my tall kid is nearly too tall for it. Bummer, it installs so well.

Yeah! I was hoping I could count on you! Your reviews are always very thorough!

Did you end up trading ma covers or did you sell it as is?

melniemi

I am thinking about getting 2 of them, since we just got Radians, which I like but don't install well in MIL's car. For now their old carseats work, but one expires in 6 months and I just dislike the other one (I probably will keep it for just in case) DD is almost 4 but less than 30pounds so we have at least a year, if not more, before she can use a booster so something that installs easier is a must.

I think my baby will be like your almost 4 yo - tiny. That's what intrigues me about the true fit - it will rf for baby when my ma expires and then I can get something new for my then 6 yo! And the true fit has a 7 year expiration - something else nice.

arly1983

Yeah! I was hoping I could count on you! Your reviews are always very thorough!

Did you end up trading ma covers or did you sell it as is?

I sold the AF separate brand new and bought a brand new Brownstone from a speciality store (I got a consultant discount) so I am selling it with the Brownstone.

I would have kept the MA, I installed it once RFing and stuck Camille in it and she was hanging out the sides, looks like when you try to stuff you foot in a too small shoe. (seriously need to get her walking some of that baby fat off) Then I installed it FFing and put Jackson in it and only 1/2 in to go.:( Just didn't make sense to keep it esp since we are used to how wide the intereior of the EFTA is.

But yeah, I am sure to get a True Fit.

melniemi

That's too bad about the ma not working - I adore mine! That is why it is hard to try something else! Do you still like your regent? What kind of buckle stalks does your van have? Thanks!

Holly

I want a True fit, and will probably get one. I had been planning to get a 2nd radian, but I think I want the true fit instead. By the time I get one though, there should be lots of reviews, I have to wait until July to get another seat because I wont be able to fit a HWH seat RF next to my already RF radian, so I'm waiting till dd1 is 3 to switch her FF and then I'll be able to keep the radian RF in the center for my youngest (who is in a scenera now), and put the true fit FF outboard next to it for my oldest. I so want to just buy one now, but I'm keeping dd1 RF to at least 3 in July.

Suzibeck

See, that's what I think too! I want some good 'real' reviews from the trusty carseat fanatics here!! I think she would be fine in her ma for another year, possibly 2, but it doesn't expire for 3 years. She is about even with the 2nd to top slots when I buckle her in, but about an inch below when I go to take her out, from settling in! I really think she would 'fit' until it expires considering my 6 & 7 year olds 'just fit'. It is just a matter of how comfortably she'd fit!

Yeah, my MA will expire in 2010, shortly after my now 5 1/2 yo's 8th birthday. I think she will likely be maxing it out at that point. She is petite also and I'm guessing she will outgrow it about the time it expires. I'm thinking, if the True Fit gets good reviews, I'll get that for my now 5 yo and pass the MA to the new baby. When the MA expires, my now 5 yo will be big enough for our Parkway and my now 8 yo will probably be too tall for the Parkway. Then, I can pass the True Fit to the baby and with any luck, get the full 7 yr life span out of it. Sounds like a good plan to me, now it just needs to get good reviews!

melniemi

You'll be able to wait for lots of reviews if you don't need it until July! My baby is getting closer to outgrowing her keyfit and I am hoping to make it to the Feb sale. She has a good inch of torso growth, but that could happen any time! She is already 10 1/2 months but still under 17#!

Yoshi

Since DD is now 41 lbs, and my Radian is installed with LATCH in my Subaru, we will definitely need to get something else when she approaches 48lbs. (within the next 18 months, most likely)The Radian does NOT install at all in either of our cars w/seat belt.:mad: So, IF the True Fit has 18" top slots, AND works with my seat belts, then, YES, I will be getting one. I'm kind of thinking that the True Fit may have a better placed belt path than the Radian. PLUS, it looks more comfy to me, LOL!:D

azgirl71

CPST Instructor

We knew that :love:. So how many seats do you think/know you have "tried out"?

melniemi

It is supposed to have built in lock offs. I don't think my kids will hit 80#'s until they are 12!! My 7 yo is not even 50#s yet. But the regent looks awfully cozy!

If I get a true fit for Sierra, 3.5, she can use it until the ma expires when she is 6.5. Baby will be 3.5 and likely still 30ish#s so she could rf to 35 and then ff until it expires, then hop into whatever Sierra has and Sierra can go into a booster. I don't know.

I think I'm back to thinking about just getting another ma. If Sierra outgrows her MA before it expires, then I get to buy another seat sooner:D

Goodness, you guys have rubbed off on me too much. I wish I had a baby store nearby to play with all these seats.

mamaofthree

I'm prob getting one for my 3.5 yo dd. She has almost outgrown the Triumph, and I want a seat without a base. So its the Truefit or a Radian, since I don't want a big wide Regent. I don't know whether to go girly or get boring gray though. I *should* get gray, since it will eventually be ds's if it has more shoulder room and harness height than the MA. I'll prob wait for reviews though, cause I don't feel like being the guinea pig. Actually, if stores are carrying it and I can easily return it, I'll buy it without waiting. Anyone know if it will be available in stores like Target, Babies R Us, etc? I emailed Compass quite a few days ago and they haven't answered me. :(

Kimberly

arly1983

:ROTFLMAO: So how many hours did you wait before pre-ordering Arly?

I waited until Tuesday night so I am proud of myself:D

We knew that :love:. So how many seats do you think/know you have "tried out"?

Lets see:

Graco Snugride
Graco Safeseat
Evenflo Embrace
Eddie Baurer (Cosco Designer-22)
Britax Companion

Britax Roundabout
Decathlon
Boulevard
Marathon
EFTA
EFT
Recaro Como
Scenera
Radian 65
Radian 80
Graco Comfortsport

Britax Regent
Husky
Safeguard Child Seat
Everflo Chase
Graco Platnum Cargo
Cosco High Back Booster (Harness to 40 lbs)

So twenty-one different seats that I can think of.....

Maybe I should make a website like strollerqueens except for carseats.

That's too bad about the ma not working - I adore mine! That is why it is hard to try something else! Do you still like your regent? What kind of buckle stalks does your van have? Thanks!

No stalks at all and I love it. The Female end of the buckle is built directly into the side of the Cap'ts chairs. The 3rd row has slightly forward of the bight but pretty short staulks. I have an 05(I think)' Freestar.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC