My kids HATES the Radian!

Splash

Boy, I am SO GLAD that we didn't end up being able to install this center and deciding on it as a primary seat! He HATES it! The three times he has ridden any distance in it he has SCREAMED non stop that he wanted to be in mommy's car. The seat plain LOOKS uncomfortable... straight upright back, no padding, narrow straps... but boy, did he let me know! He is definitely a Britax baby!

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Poor baby :(. I am glad he knows how to voice his opinion :). I want to get a Radian for training puposes, but I am sure I will try it out with DD. She is RF though, so she woun't be straight upright.

amy919

I think that's the problem with starting them out in Britax seats. I tried Kaylie in a Radian and she absolutely hated it. Said she was being strangled and squished. She's just used to having lots of room in her Britax seats, I guess.

Teagan on the other hand only seemed to hate it because it didn't have flowers on it...

mominabigtruck

The main reason that I haven't bought a radian is because it just looks plain uncomfortable. I would think that with Charlie's issues he'd have even more of a problem with it.:twocents:

ThreeBeans

My 2 never had complaints about them, but I'll admit I'm quite happy they are back in their Britaxes, they just LOOK more comfortable. LOL.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

My kids love them and have no complaints. They like the open sides and I find it a little easier to get them strapped in because of the open sides. Karley likes to hang her legs out of the sides or sometimes sits indian style/cross legged in hers. I'd love to try a Regent for my 9 yr old but don't know if it will fit in my car and we have zero stores with that seat. Overall I'm pleased with the Radian.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I think that's the problem with starting them out in Britax seats. I tried Kaylie in a Radian and she absolutely hated it. Said she was being strangled and squished. She's just used to having lots of room in her Britax seats, I guess.

Teagan on the other hand only seemed to hate it because it didn't have flowers on it...

No flowers! What were you thinking Mom :whistle:

tl01

DS has a blvd, radian, and como and he doesn't complain about comfort in any of them. The blvd caused his head to tilt forward while sleeping but it didn't seem to bother him. He seems to enjoy throwing his legs over the sides of the radian. I actually think the seat is reasonably padded.

fullofhope

My son was used to his regent when we got him a radian. He does like it, but says for long drives he prefers the regent. Sorry Charlie didn't like it!

dd9736

Seth doesn't like the process of being strapped into his radian, but once he's in, he's fine, and i think he would be that way with any seat.
I'm sorry Charlie didn't like it, but from what I remember reading in your posts about him, the big change in the shape and feel of the seat could be the problem, more than the seat being uncomfortable.

ZephyrBlue

My 7.5yo HATES the Radian. Loves her Regent, but loathes the Radian. Says it's uncomfortable and that the straps strangle her. Even with the chest clip a bit lower than it should be, the straps bug the heck out of her. My 4.5yo loves it, but I think that's due in part to the Princess cover. She's my girly girl.

Lea_Ontario

I'm sorry Charlie didn't like it :(

Boo doesn't mind his - and Bug's ridden in it once or twice without complaint as well.

smurf

My kids like their Radian but DD complained a few times about her neck being squished... and then no more, it seems it's not bothering her at all anymore.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
My kids love them and have no complaints. They like the open sides and I find it a little easier to get them strapped in because of the open sides. Karley likes to hang her legs out of the sides or sometimes sits indian style/cross legged in hers. I'd love to try a Regent for my 9 yr old but don't know if it will fit in my car and we have zero stores with that seat. Overall I'm pleased with the Radian.

What car do you have?

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

We have a 2001 Suzuki XL7 with third row seating and a 1997 Jeep Wrangler. We wouldn't be using the Regent in the Jeep though.

waterbaby

My thoughts exactly... if my kids didn't know better, I think they'd be fine with the Regents. I can say, though, we gave it a good go. Two weeks and still not happy with them. I'm really glad they work for so many others, though. :)

steph

My neighbors DD doesn't mine hers but before they got the Radian they had a graco something or another with hardly any padding so I think the Radian is actually a step up for her!!

Sorry Charlie didn't like it - will the Regent work in your car???

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC