Anyone have a MA in a Honda Pilot?

U

Unregistered

I have a few questions that maybe you can answer!

1. Is it easy to install rf in the middle seat with the lap/shoulder belt? Were you able to get a nice, tight installation?
2. Is it easy to install ff in the middle seat? I'm sure it's easy with the LATCH on the outboard positions, so just wondering about the middle. That's where I prefer dd.
3. The seat seems pretty tall. Does it distract your vision out the rearview mirror (when in the middle position)?

I think that's it! TIA!

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I had two Marathons (and another seat) in my '03 Pilot before I traded it in. It wasn't the easiest Marathon install ever, but that just means it took 3 minutes instead of two. :p I definitely wouldn't put it in the "tough installs" category; not by a long shot! In fact, IMO, the seatbelt install in the center was still a little easier than the LATCH install outboard because there was only one buckle to fasten.

I remember I had to twist the buckle stalk for one of the installs, but not which one (probably front facing, as I usually put the rear facing seat outboard). Other than that, there really weren't any issues. It was visible in the rear view mirror, but it didn't obstruct my view as much as my son's booster did. It just took some getting used to.

MandiRN

I have an 04 Pilot.

1. Is it easy to install rf in the middle seat with the lap/shoulder belt? No. Were you able to get a nice, tight installation? We weren't able to get a good RF install using the lap/shoulder belt with our MA in the middle. Our middle seating position has the seatbelt that comes down from the ceiling, secures on the driver side and then the buckle is pulled across from driver to passenger side. It just wasn't happening for our seat. If the driver side didn't have that latch I think we could have done it.
2. Is it easy to install ff in the middle seat? I'm sure it's easy with the LATCH on the outboard positions, so just wondering about the middle. That's where I prefer dd. FF middle install with seatbelt was easy easy easy. Wish LATCH was allowed in the center! I prefer DD in center as well, but my back doesn't miss lifting her 26 lbs into the center!
3. The seat seems pretty tall. Does it distract your vision out the rearview mirror (when in the middle position)? I don't remember having any problems with sight lines. DD did FF in the middle for about 2 months before I turned her back RFing.

UlrikeDG

The '03 Pilot has the same center seatbelt. I didn't have any trouble putting the RF Marathon there.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
For me it has been hit or miss to be honest. Some are hard and some are easy. I really just think it depends on my patience level at the moment. LOL!!!

Yes, You can get it installed in the center position. I usually almost always have to twist the belt stalk due to the long webbing.

momtobe2007

Can someone explain exactly how and where you're twisting the seatbelt? I've read that other people have had to do that, but I don't understand where you're doing it. :) Thanks!

I'm hoping to get the MA for christmas! We also have a Pilot, and I'm going to try my darndest to get it in the center. I had the EFTA nice and tight in the center, but dd hated the seat so we took it back.

UlrikeDG

You can twist the buckle stalk (i.e, the "female" end of the buckle) up to three full turns before you buckle the seatbelt.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC