Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Thanks, Darren!

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

Thanks, Darren!

Thank you so much for providing this resource. It really is nice to have a place to post with reasonable load times and no fees involved. We really appreciate it!
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Thank you for the thank you!

I'm still debating on an upgrade to the forums. It's free since I have renewed for update access anyway. I may also be changing hosting services, since the current one raised rates and cut disk space and bandwidth in half. Granted, we weren't using the extra space, but I have some less expensive options now that offer more.

Yes thank you! I hadn't realized that the boards were your baby, so to speak.

Thank you for your service!
    Katherine
    married to Gabe 9/20/2002
    Berkley 1/28/2003

Unregistered
    Darren, These forums have been invaluable to me. I have gotten so much good advice, and been linked to all kinds of helpful sites with information and photos. I just got a Husky delivered yesterday ( and a friend is expecting one soon) and I got valuable information from posters at every step from getting a 'new' vehicle, finding the darn places to put the anchors, sites to compare seats and where to order a seat on line when I couldn't get one locally. I am looking forward to using links posted here to get information to my daughter's school about carseat and booster use. I'm trying to spread the word about this site to those who 'need' it most...those uninformed about car safety for kids. So many people are really hungry for good information and products it's just that they don't know what to look for or where to look. You are are providing a much needed service.
    Thanks, C.

Thumbs up AGREED

Much love to Darren for providing this wonderful forum!!!
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

CPST Instructor

Thumbs up

Darren, You need to be congratulated on a well run form which has provided valuable CPS information nationally and even overseas.

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar
    And to complete the circle of thank you's: Thanks for the "thank you for helping on the forum" pizza dinner that you treated Heather and me to at Lifesavers this week
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Thank you all for your comments. I hope you like the new version of the forum software- better, stronger, faster. We hope! If you have any suggestions, comments or other feedback, please post it in this forum. I will try to make changes quickly, but I am just learning the software myself. There are a *ton* of new features, so feel free to experiment.

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar
    Great job, I like the new look. Is it possible to get the quick reply box back, though? I can't get it to work.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar
    Nevermind, I figured it out, LOL!
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

It looks great! I like it!
    Katherine
    married to Gabe 9/20/2002
    Berkley 1/28/2003

You are now forced to click a quick reply button on the post to which you are replying. That is because you can now also choose a "threaded" or "hybrid" layout in your user options. This displays a tree that shows which replies are associated with which posts inside each thread.

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar
    Ooooo! Love having the threaded option. Gotta go turn that on.
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

I like the threaded view...Great work and Thank you from me also.

Mark

Updated webpages at Car-Safety.Org, Seatcheck.net and SUVSafety.info are now online. The updates are pretty minor. They mostly consist of fixed links and images, spelling corrections and a few content updates. If you see any obvious errors or problems of any kind, please post them in this forum!

Thanks!

Darren

CPST Instructor
    Darren,

This is a wonderful site with awesome info. Thank you for all your hard work.

Can I ask what the url is for the SUV Safety?
    Jenny
    Senior CPS Tech-Instructor & Mommy of 2 girls
    K1 12 yrs old- 61" & 100lbs in vehicle seat belt
    K2 10 yrs old- 59" & 92lbs in vehicle seat belt

www.suvsafety.info

The page on vehicles with 3 rows of seating is in desperate need of an update, but I doubt I will get around to it soon:-(