Sometimes they Do listen!

tjham

I went to baby shower for a friend of my daughter's about two years ago. She got a Comfortsport as a gift. While we were standing around eating, I asked who the CS was from. It was from relative out of state - great ;) ! So I nicely pointed out the downfalls of the seat and she listened politely. I mentioned Britax (they can afford it) and its benefits and went on my way, not wanting to go overboard :rolleyes:.

I have seen her several times since then, but never a time when I could say "So, did you keep the crappy CS or what?" :D Tonight I was able to actually walk her to the car and look in. Guess what? She has a BLVD! I was thrilled. And in discussing what she was going to use for the new baby due soon, I said something about the ComfortSport and she said, "Oh, I took that back and got this right away!' She even ordered it online, on sale, just like I told her!

She also remembered that I said Eddie Bauer seats were not worth the money and to avoid used seats if you didn't know their history, if they had been on an accident, etc. Someone offered them an Eddie Bauer seat and they declined. I was just amazed at how much she remembered I said, that I didn't even remember!

So, sometimes they do listen, even if it takes two years for you to find out!

Last edited:
ADS

laurenrachey

that's awesome! I was feeling particularly crappy about this subject last night so it really helps to hear these stories! Thanks for posting right when I needed it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC