Bummed

laurenrachey

There is a mom online (I don't even know her personally) that I really look up to. She just seems like super mom. She has seven children (within a 10 year time span). She stays at home, has a beautiful home, hot hubby(!) and homeschools her children. But I saw a picture of her youngest (that is almost the same age as Caleb) in his carseat. I guess at least it is a 5 point harness, but the straps looked way loose and all twisted, chest clip too far down, etc. It was very close up, so I couldn't see anything about how it was installed. I guess I'm just disappointed. I'm on the young side I suppose (DS was born a few days after I turned 23) and I just look up to this lady like she is supermom or something. Everything I want to be. :thumbsdown:

There is really no other point to this other than me just whining! I was reading Splash's thread about her SIL. My good friend put her kids in boosters at 2yo, got a carseat from the Kyle Miller Foundation and never picked it up, so they had it sent back to them so they could give it to someone who cared and deserved it more. I don't blame them. What's wrong with people? Why don't they care?

So there's my bit of holiday cheer, I think I'll go have some eggnog now! :shrug-shoulders:

ADS

Ali

I completely understand! I have 3 friends who all turned their DDs as soon as they could and didn't want to hear aobut RF tethering or FF tethering their Britax seats (because it's not "required". At least they got HWH, but one whose DD is only 2 1/2 is already talking about a booster.:mad:

lovinwaves

Aw, sorry you are bummed :(

Maybe send her a polite email about CPS. Does she know this is something you are passionate about? Instead of looking down on her take this opportunity to give her some good info. Who knows, she may be very thankful for it :)

Keep us posted!

laurenrachey

It's not that I'm looking down on her, it is just the opposite, she is someone I look up to. But I don't know her personally. She has thousands of daily readers, her blogs are published in magazines, I found her in Baby Talk magazine. I know everyone is just human and we all have our faults. It was just disappointing to see a 'seasoned' mom of 7 and guess that probably none of them have been in 'safe' seats, which is something I consider to be a major aspect of parenting young children. She's even written about the about the Kyle Miller Foundation on her blog. I dunno, it is hard to see so many people who just take this issue so loosely as if they were deciding whether to get Dominos or Papa Johns for dinner.

I sent my friend all of the videos in my arsenal to have maximum impact, which it did....for about 48 hours, then she was on to other things. I guess all you can do is your best, in the end, it is still each parent's decision, you can't make them care.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC