who has taken a britax roundabout on a plane?

U

Unregistered

if you have ever taken a britax roundabout on a plane, is there any problem with it fitting in the seat?

Also, how did you carry the carseat around in the airport? I'm will be travelling without my husband, so I'm a little worried.

Thanks!

ADS

crunchierthanthou

I have. It's my favorite seat to travel with. You shouldn't have any problem fitting it in the seat- even on small planes. :)

I've used a wheeled travel bag that also converts to a backpack or else used the tether to sling it over my shoulder like a duffle bag. Another thing I've seen is strapping the child in the seat and attaching it to your wheeled carryon with a luggage strap. It's a similar principle to gogo kidz, but more affordable one less item to manuever. I want to try that next time we travel.

MomToEliEm

I have used my roundabout several times, both forward facing and rearfacing with no difficulties on the plane. When forward facing, make sure to flip the latchplate so that it is facing down when you tighten up the straps as if you leave it facing up, it will tighen up with the buckle right up against the carseat frame making it very difficult to unbuckle.

To carry the roundabout through the airport, we just put it on a folding luggage cart using the cart's straps to hold it in place. Worked great for us.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I haven't taken a roundabout but we do travel with our Marathon. We use a GoGoKidz and wheel that around the airport with ds2 strapped in the carseat... works fantastic! :)

Relish

We just used our RA on planes a week ago and used it both RF and FF. Both times it fit just fine, although RF was much better as we were surprised that my Ds could actually kick the seat in front of him when FFing. He's fairly petite so it just goes to show how little leg room there really is! On one flight they insisted I use if FF-ing so rather than pitch a fit we did. Sure made me wish I brought the FFA print outs along. Sigh.

Are you taking a stroller?

Either Dh just carried the seat or we turned it upside down over the carry-on bags that I had loaded on the stroller. Ds then walked or was carried. I saw someone else in the airport just using the car seat straps to wear it on their shoulder. Doing it over I'd likely use a luggage cart with wheels as described above. Particularly if I were alone.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
You need to be careful if using a stroller. I know of at least one airline that will not allow any strollers past the check in gates *unless* they fold down umbrella style. Just an fyi. :)

Niea

The Roundabout is my favorite travel seat. We just came back from a long 5 hr flight a few weeks ago and it was a dream. Installed FF just fine, though because it sits high up you can't bring down the tray table -- no worries, my DD was happier being able to see out the window.

We bought a carseat travel bag, one that has wheels. Then we just wheeled it through the terminal. Nice thing is that the Roundabout, even in the bag, fit through the X-Ray machine just fine.

Once we got to the gate and were getting ready to board, I took the seat out and folded up the bag. I carried on the seat and stashed the travel bag in the overhead bin.

Total breeze :)

twinsmommy627

I have. Took it on a flight to Florida on JetBlue in Jan '06. I did get a hard time from the flight crew, they wouldn't let me install on an aisle, so my twins were next to each other. Luckily thanks to the wonderful people here, I whipped out all kinds of printouts saying it was safe for flying. They napped almost all the way down since they were so used to being in the seats.

I also used one of those wheeled bags and it worked perfectly.

On the way home, we had no issues as we were split up 2 and 2 so they were both in window seats.

Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC