Another LATCH manual question

ThreeBeans

Gosh, i can't wait till mine comes in the mail :p

Can someone look up lower anchor and top tether positions for a 2005 Ford Freestar? Danke.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

I'm still waiting for mine too (any recent update on that?). I remembered it came up recently and a quick search yielded this:

It has 3 full sets of LATCH- two second row and one third row center.

For the second row captain chairs, there should be tether anchors on the bottom rear of the seat. For the third row, outboard, there are no tether anchors.

Second row bench - lower anchors are spaced to provide either 2 outboard or 1 center installation. Use either outboard tether anchor for center installation.

ThreeBeans

Whoa, so they downgraded from 4 in the Windstar to three in the Freestar? What the heck? :thumbsdown:

Are the belts switchables or locking latchplates?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
To supplement the above info, the LATCH manual indicates if it's a Freestar with the second row bench, the outboard lower LATCH anchors are spaced to allow a center LATCH install or 2 outboard LATCH installations, and you can use either outboard tether anchor for a second row center install (tether anchors are on the bottom rear of the seatback). :)

I know the Windstar had locking latchplates, at least the 2000 model I was recently in did, but I'm not positive if this is true of the Freestar. I think Papooses has/had a Freestar and could address the seatbelt type for you if you flag her down or PM her.

crunchierthanthou

To supplement the above info, the LATCH manual indicates if it's a Freestar with the second row bench, the outboard lower LATCH anchors are spaced to allow a center LATCH install or 2 outboard LATCH installations, and you can use either outboard tether anchor for a second row center install (tether anchors are on the bottom rear of the seatback). :)

You mean this info? ;)

Second row bench - lower anchors are spaced to provide either 2 outboard or 1 center installation. Use either outboard tether anchor for center installation.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
ROFL, there was an echo in here, eh? That's what I get for posting while multi-tasking. :p ;) Oh well, always good to have two answers in agreement and a lead on the seatbelt info. :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC