FF at eight months... <sigh>

Splash

I don't know why I should be surprised, his brother was FF before that for the first time (but eventually went back RF until a few weeks before his first birthday).

But... I went to get Zachary out of the car on Thanksgiving, and Tristan is forward facing. And most likely has been since outgrowing the basket 3 months ago, since i doubt they even know his seat can rear face. Oh, and even better, neither seat was buckled in. Just thrown in the back seat. Beautiful. They drove from GA to central FL like this, and are headed now to OH and back to GA before coming back to FL. All FF in uninstalled seats. And she was in such a horrible accident with Zachary not even a year ago... I would have thought that *maybe* it knocked some sense into her. Well, it did for a few months, but then I guess it left again. She gets dumber by the day. (This is my SIL, for those who don't know. She's a flaming idiot that I have zero respect for and would never trust her alone with my kid, and her husband is even worse. How she and AJ are related is beyond me. And why we are constantly ridiculed and harassed for every thing in regard to Charlie while they are constantly parents of the year is also a bit disheartening).

ADS

skaterbabs

{{{HUGS}}} I feel ya.

I've been worried about having my 11 1/2 yo nephew (who passes the five step test) in the front seat of my Suburban for the 1.79 mile drive to church this morning because he doesn't pass the 5 step test in the rear benches and I don't have a tall enough booster for him. :rolleyes:
With his mom he's as likely to ride in a lap-only belt as anything else. :mad:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Oh man. I had such hope for her after the accident. What a complete moron. Geez louise, how much more evidence does she need? She sent herself and her husband to the hospital and her son was fine because YOU took care of him. YOU must know what's going on.

Wendy

arly1983

((((HUGS))))

Do you remember my cousin that turned 3 in August and they refused to use a harness anymore so I bought them a booster.....She is now riding in nothing in the front seat. She came to Camilles B-Day party not even in a seatbelt in my Granny's car. I wouldn't let her ride back with granny and put her in our radian. (which I offered them and they said was toooo much trouble).....

Some people just don't want to understand and you might as well save your breath.
Picture201.jpg

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I am sorry :(. I don't know why some people just don't get it. Especially if the have been in a collision.

You know you have done your best to educated them. If they still choose to do things that are unsafe then so be it. They will have no one to blame other than themselves if something were to happen.:twocents:

Splash

I don't know if they were *completely* uninstalled. I know they weren't in with the seatbelt and if they were using the anchors it was insanely loose. I know when she got Zach out (I ended up getting no one, because she beat me to him and AJ got Tristan, so I just examined) the seat tipped about halfway over. So it might have been attached in some way, but not in any way that mattered.
FL doesn't have a proper use clause, to the best of my knowledge, so calling it in wouldn't have done anything.

dd9736

I woulda been calling the cops as they pulled out of the driveway, some people should not have kids.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
omg, i remember the whole booster, over shield battle you went through with them and then a few days later they crashed wasn't it a roll over crash too???? how terrible when people just dont' care!!!

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Splash has done that before!!! It's probably the sole reason why Zachary is still alive.

It boggles my mind...all my dh and I go through to have a baby(IVF and probably adoption down the line) and some people just get to pop 'em out like it's nothing!

Susan

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Oh man. I had such hope for her after the accident. What a complete moron. Geez louise, how much more evidence does she need? She sent herself and her husband to the hospital and her son was fine because YOU took care of him. YOU must know what's going on.

Wendy
:yeahthat:

StarrNanny

She is an idiot, we know this. There is clearly nothing any of us will ever do that will change her mind about CPS. I have said things to her, Lord knows you have, and AJ has said things to her. Recently, after your wife told Pam even Pam said something to her... granted it was more based on law and safety but at this point even if she turned him around because it's the law it would be better than nothing.

In the end, she's not going to change which I why I don't even bother anymore. She learned nothing from the accident, which is unfortunate because if I looked in the mirror every morning and saw that scar on my face, it would be motivation and a daily reminder for me to make sure EVERYONE was strapped in safely.

I've given up on her, and mourn the loss of the brain she had... before she married Mike.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC