Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member mamabear's Avatar

Anyone know what car seat that is???

I was watching TV last night and a SUV commercial came on. It's the one where a giant red push pin(like you'd put in a map) in on top of the car driving down the road.

There is a scene in the middle where a mom turns around and smiles at her sleeping daughter in a carseat.

The carseat is tan with tan straps and has a white chest clip. I *thought* i could see a faint hint of a Britax label behind the kids head, but the chest clip and straps looked like a Radian. She looked like a big kid too, and the seat looked really comfy.

Anyone seen this???

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

Re: Anyone know what car seat that is???

I haven't seen the commercial, but I will keep an eye out for it.

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

CPS Technician

Here is the commercial link http://video.aol.com/video-detail/ki...-ad/3961787676

It is just a Graco Comfortsport. It is way loose, tummy clip, and she is ALMOST too big for those straps. Tiem to complain to Kia about their commercial car seat usage.
    Jody, CPST, Mommy to my miracle, 7/4/03 - happy in her Frontier (harnessed) and Turbobooster at 48in and 51#'s.

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Yeah, definitely a Graco chest clip. It looks like the straps are below her shoulders in addition to being so loose and her ears would probably be above the shell if she wasn't leaning over.

Um, they've changed that commercial. Or something. Because I remember the big stink caused here over "ths Kia commercial" even though I never saw it. I then saw it and couldn't figure out what had people so upset. It was the same kid, in the same comfortsport, with the harness tight and the chest clip properly positioned. Almost too big, sure, but "almost" too big isn't dangerous in the least. Maybe someone did complain and they listened... because the commercial I saw was pretty darn impressive for car seat usage in mass media.
    I'm glad you're a safe driver. I'm eating cereal and applying mascara using my rear view mirror while playing bejeweled on my iPhone. And I'm driving right behind you. 
    You're only as safe as the most dangerous driver on the road. Buckle accordingly.  

Senior Community Member mamabear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCarseatTech View Post
    Here is the commercial link http://video.aol.com/video-detail/ki...-ad/3961787676

It is just a Graco Comfortsport. It is way loose, tummy clip, and she is ALMOST too big for those straps. Tiem to complain to Kia about their commercial car seat usage.
    Yeah, in the commercial Ia saw last night she was properly harnessed. They must have re- shot that scene............

CPS Technician

OH, well that is AWESOME if they re-shot it! yay! If anyone can find that link, I would love to see the updated version - very much!
    Jody, CPST, Mommy to my miracle, 7/4/03 - happy in her Frontier (harnessed) and Turbobooster at 48in and 51#'s.

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

I can't find the thread about the commercial being re-shot or corrected but it sure does ring bells. I know the misuse came up in a couple of threads on the News/Media forum over the past 5 or 6 months, where I'm going to move this one in a moment. Links to the previous misuse in Kia commercial threads: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=18369
    http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=18624
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

That is horrible - so loose ! I really hope that they reshot that scene.
    Mama to :
    Boo (2002), apramo backless booster
    Bug (2004), Parkway SGL
    Bear (2006), Parkway SGL