ETA

dd9736

Ok, so I have a few questions about this seat, first what are the 'luxery' features on the seat (extra padding? cup holders? anything that might sell it to DH, as he's not sold on safety aspects alone) Does it have an infant insert of some kind?
Can someone remind me what the weight limits on the seat are/will be?
When is it supposed to come out in Canada, and how much is it going to cost?

And would someone reassure me on not having a rfing tether, if I can sell DH on this seat, we'll get it for Jacob when he outgrows the carrier, but I really like the rfing tether on the Radian.

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
This is a super comfy, very padded, plush seat... if it's anything like the regular Triumph.

The harness is adjusted from the front of the seat and is infinite, so it will always be right at your child's shoulders.

It comes with an infant insert/padding and fits newborns really well.

It will most likely only rear face to 30lbs in Canada... we haven't see anyone increase their RFing weight limits yet.

It will forward face to 50lbs.

Some have been told that it will be coming to BRU/TRU in December. We don't have a price, but I would venture to guess around the $150 mark.

A RFing tether increases the stability of a seat which is especially beneficial in a side impact collision.

All seats have to pass testing without a RFing tether, so there's no reason that this seat can not be safe for your son (as long as it's used properly ;)).

I think a RFing tether is especially important for older children, so you could get the ETA and then when your oldest goes FFing, he would go in the ETA and your youngest would go in the Radian RFing with the tether. Just an idea. :)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm not sure exactly which pattern will show up at BRU/TRU first. I know in general the seat is very comfy. It has EPP foam throughout the head area, I know some come with a detachable head pillow, I'm not sure about all or if there are cup holders..

The ff'ing weight limit should be 50lbs - same as the US. Rf'ing I'm not sure, but until we know otherwise, I'd assume the usual 30lbs that all seats in Canada show up with. :rolleyes:

Biggest benefit to this seat is the infinite height adjust harness - especially if multiple kids might use the same seat... the harness is always at the perfect height without any threading/unthreading of the harness. The seat is also very wide and quite like a lounge chair. More roomy interior than the radian and the MA from what I've seen. Top harness height is 17" and it appears kids will realistically fit the seat until their torso is 17" - MA is often outgrown before a kids torso gets that tall.

About the rf'ing tether. I'm of the opinion that it's a nice feature, but not a make it or break it feature when I go shopping for a seat.

Price range I'm not sure of, the regular triumph sells for $149 right now, and the advance sells for $130 to $150 in the US, so it should come in under $200 here, but it's all speculation right now. Apparently evenflo told the person who last emailed them that it would start arriving at BRU/TRU in December.

Ultimately, aside from the size of the seat, height of the harness and the knob adjusters, nothing is known for sure until the seat shows up - although I'm going to try and find time to call parentlink on Monday to see if I can find out more info about MSRP and weight limits. If I reach them I'll definitely be updating the forum, but until that time... most is speculation aside from when the arrival will be & what the seats are physically like. :thumbsup:

Here's some pictures of the US models, I'm not sure what patterns we'll get here though - we never get as many as the US.

pTRU1-3722018dt.jpg

pTRU1-3722031dt.jpg

pTRU1-3722016dt.jpg

pTRU1-3735662dt.jpg

pTRU1-3854666dt.jpg

dd9736

I really like the idea of the infinite height adjustment, but what about making it tight? I wanna know how that works, as I've only ever used the 3 seats I've owned, and played with a 3in1. How easy will it be for DH to figure out?
Oh, and how does it compare to the radian for space taken up rfing? We own a chev cavalier, and the radian only fits center in it, and that just barely. (Not worried about the truck, as nothing has more space than that beast.)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I really like the idea of the infinite height adjustment, but what about making it tight? I wanna know how that works, as I've only ever used the 3 seats I've owned, and played with a 3in1. How easy will it be for DH to figure out?
Oh, and how does it compare to the radian for space taken up rfing? We own a chev cavalier, and the radian only fits center in it, and that just barely. (Not worried about the truck, as nothing has more space than that beast.)

The little round red knobs you see on the side of the seat are how you tighten the harness - basically you pull the harness tight over the shoulders so that slack is down in the hips, then turn the knob until the harness is tightened properly. It clicks as you turn it.

For space it should fit similar to a MA. It's wider than the radian, the shell wouldn't be quite as tall either. For an older kid who could be more upright though, it wouldn't be a problem.. and unlike the Radian, it should be much easier to install the triumph advance more upright - on the flip side, it'll likely need a rolled towel or pool noodle to get a newborn recline angle.

You could ask about fit of the seat to vehicle on the main forum since the seats been around long enough now that some people should have experiences with it rf'ing in smaller vehicles by now I'd think. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC