Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Which soap?

Senior Community Member Mattkarn's Avatar

Which soap?

Which soap would you reccommend I wash the car seat cover with? It says hand wash with mild soap. The car seat is a Vivo if that matters.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

Re: Which soap?

How dirty/soiled is it?

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

I honestly don't know what happened it looks wet but its dry, if I find the camera I can take some pictures. He has never gotten out of the car seat with wet pants.

Ok here are some pictures:

Last edited by Mattkarn; 11-24-2007 at 06:13 PM.

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

I just use laundry detergent, wash it on my washer's 'hand wash' cycle and air dry it...well, I don't have that seat, but on dozens of others that's been a routine that's never failed me
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

We don't have that setting on our washer, do you think it would be ok on delicate?

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

Hmmm... that looks like a water/urine/juice/LIQUID stain that has dried. You said he has never come out of his seat with wet pants, though? Hmmm...

I would try a "free and clear" laundry detergent on the delicate setting. OR try Woolite in the bathtub and truly hand-wash the cover.

Since you don't have a harness in a Vivo, I guess I don't need to remind you not to wash the harness, huh?

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Yeah, delicate...just watch it, make sure it doesn't get hooked up on the agitator and possibly stretch anything out (if you've ever seen a bra get hooked on the agitator, you know what I mean...) If you have a front loader, delicate is definitely fine.
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good