Popular Britax Covers?

munchkin

I am thinking about getting a Britax Marathon, if amazon.com has the sell on them tomorrow. I already have two covers I want to use (the blue dog one:love: and the flag), and would want to sell the brand new cover on ebay to offset some of the cost of the seat. So my question Which cover do you think would sell for the most the Cowmooflauge or the Mariposa? Those two would be the cheapest with 30% off. There is also Mossy Oak, New Denim, Granite, Onyx, Tan Swirl, Crocodile, and Blue All-Star. If those would sell better I would spend the extra few bucks for them. Thanks for any help!!:thumbsup:

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I would do either the Mariposa or Cowmooflague.

Mossy Oak might be popular in some areas of the country, but I don't know anyone around here who likes it. I have polled many people about it and have not yet found a person who likes it.

jdchic3

My guess would be the Mariposa or maybe one of the discontinued covers like olivia.

I know I'm aching for a good overtime check and for Britax to release the Mariposa. I really want an extra!

cryswilkins

I think that Mossy would be the biggest right now, I have only seen 1 on ebay, but you never know ebay is funny that way.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I would think that Mossy Oak would only appeal to a select few. Maybe I'm wrong? :confused: You know you can go to ebay and check Britax Covers in the completed items listings. That would show you what sells best and how much they sold for.

BudgieStew

Mossy Oak is not my thing.
But I think because its hard to find for those that want it they will pay for it.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I would think that Mossy Oak would only appeal to a select few. Maybe I'm wrong?

I agree. I guess that ALL the covers are technically like that (only appealing to a select few), but I can see how Mossy Oak would perhaps be even more so.

It isn't my thing either. I like military camo, but hate hunting camo. Maybe that is because I am against hunting? :p

lovinwaves

It isn't my thing either. I like military camo, but hate hunting camo.

I agree.
If they would have done the camo design in like the Skip Hop camo print, or the new Dreamer Design stroller I'd be all over it. :thumbsup:
I still need to take pictures of my new Dreamer Design stroller. The camo print was nicely done. I get compliments on it alot. I think the Mossy Oak cover totally appeals to the hunter, whereas other Camo prints (the new "in" thing of 2007) appeals to the new fashion style ie: gap, children's place, old navy, etc...

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I think the Mossy Oak cover totally appeals to the hunter, whereas other Camo prints (the new "in" thing of 2007) appeals to the new fashion style ie: gap, children's place, old navy, etc...

I think you said it well! :)

Is your new stroller like one of these?
albee-baby_1973_8892653
camo_park.jpg

lovinwaves

Patriot,

See the stroller looks nothing like that in person LOL! Ok, the one of the right looks a little bit more true to color. That's why I want to take "real life" photos :D

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I think that Mossy would be the biggest right now, I have only seen 1 on ebay, but you never know ebay is funny that way.

I thinnk it may do well on Ebay right now, but as you said you never know.

But I think because its hard to find for those that want it they will pay for it.

If you are selling it.. they will pay...LOL It is true if someone wants it bad enough they will pay.

ETA: I bought our because DH is a hunter or at least likes to think he is one. In 4 years he has only shot a deer and a buffalo. He only goe for big deer. This year there were not to many.

jdchic3

I still think you might get more out of the Mariposa since it's not for sale separately yet :twocents:

munchkin

I guess it is all a moot point now since the amazon 30% sell didn't happen on the Marathons. I had worked it down to if I sold the cover for $60 I could get the 'shell' for $100, pretty good for a brand new Marathon. Oh well, maybe my nephew will last in the bucket until the Feb. sell. Thanks for the insight though, I will need the info for then!! The Marathon was the only thing (out of many) I wanted for Black Friday, that I didn't get.:thumbsdown:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I still think you might get more out of the Mariposa since it's not for sale separately yet :twocents:

I was thinking you could get the Mariposa now, but just checked and I guess you can't yet. The mariposa did initially sell really high on Ebay. I think it kind of leveled off now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC