Considering selling my Radian :(

sugarwoman

I love this seat. I really do. The only problem with it is that I have a terrible time installing it with the seatbelt in the captains chair of my '07 Odyssey. So, every time I need to move it or reinstall it in my moms car, it is such a hassle for me. I can do it, but it takes me a lot of work. My ds is approaching 40lbs, is 4 yrs old, and will soon require the seatbelt installation instead of LATCH.:(

I'm considering replacing it with a Marathon. I sat him in one at segals the other day and he has about 1.5 inches of torso grown room left in it. I know the Marathon won't last him as long as the Radian would, but I plan to pass it down to my sister. My older dd has a regent that he will eventually move into. DD is almost 7.

I'm wondering what you thin the best way to sell it would be? Craigslist? Ebay? I don't mind shipping it, if needed. Also, pricing. It has a DOM of 12/06 and is in perfect condition, cleanliness wise.

Thoughts? :)

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
If you can't consistently or readily get an acceptable install on a seat that has to be moved regularly, I'd definitely replace it with a seat that was easier to install/re-install as needed if there were other options available.

If you decide to replace it, I'd probably try Craigs List first. Do make sure you install the MA in your ody and check how the harness height is once it's installed. Depending on the recline, there may be less growing room than it seemed in the store.

It doesn't sound unreasonable to replace it with a seat that has a slightly shorter harness height if you're going to pass the MA down anyways and then move kiddo up to a regent.

General rule on price that seems to be most fair is looking at retail price, dividing it by number of years the seat is good for - so 8 yrs in the case of the radian, then looking at how much of the life span is left. In the case of the radian 1 yr of use doesn't actually cost that much, so you'll likely have to start your price lower than what you might on another seat, but if you're listing it on craigslist you can always drop your price over time. ;)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Have you tried moving the captain's chair itself? Push it back/recline it, then install, then pull it forward/upright it. It gets easier, it really does (I could barely get it in my Ody the first 5 times, now it's simple)
:)

sugarwoman

Have you tried moving the captain's chair itself? Push it back/recline it, then install, then pull it forward/upright it. It gets easier, it really does (I could barely get it in my Ody the first 5 times, now it's simple)
:)

I've tried this. The problem I come up against it the front to back movement.

Thanks for your replies. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC