So, the Radians were great for the plane, but...

waterbaby

... I am not feeling the love in the car. :(

I've tried belt and LATCH installs for both in the rental. Could very well be the rental (Hyundai Entourage). I'm hoping it is. I reserved a Chevy Trailblazer and was pretty confident we'd get good installs in that, but sweet DH decided we needed a van :thumbsdown: and it's not been fun.
I get too much movement at the belt path. Tether helps to stabilize A LOT, and is the only reason I was okay leaving them in the car.

Anyone have tips for installs in the Entourage?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
No, but that's not happy to hear as I'd like to buy an Entourage not too far down the line.

How'd you like the van overall?

Wendy

Stretchy Glue

I know the Trailblazer would have been a good one! I have had easy installs in the Envoy. I'm sorry to hear this. I am hesitant to reco this seat just for this reason. As techs, we can usually get the seat into *most* cars, but making it doable for parents is so much harder.
This is a real downer for this seat.:(

waterbaby

No, but that's not happy to hear as I'd like to buy an Entourage not too far down the line.

How'd you like the van overall?

Wendy

Overall, it's a decent ride. Love all the cupholders (six up front alone) and all the storage, in general - place for sunglasses, two glove compartments. It uses every inch of free space for something, including an interior rear view mirror just for the inside of the car so I can see the kids without using the windshield rear view.
It drives very nicely. It's "got balls" as DH puts it. :rolleyes: It's smaller than more traditional minivans, so, for instance, when the sliding doors are open, there's still not as much room to get in the van. And the driver outboard captain seat that's holding our Marathon... when it's set back as far as possible, the back of the Marathon still touches the driver's seat and can interfere with getting a good recline. The RF tether helped a good bit with that, but if someone has a seat that doesn't allow for rear tether, this would be a problem (and I certainly can't see a Radain fitting RF in a captain's seat).
My cons:
1 - The heating/cooling system is a bit tricky to figure out... lots of variables with adjusting temp and such. And not something I want to be messing with while driving.
2 - The seats do not fold down flat. This is particularly difficult with the center row captain seats when we're trying to get to the carseats in the back row.
3 - Only one interior charger, so we can't have the GPS and cell phone plugged in at the same time. Minor inconvenience, but notable.

waterbaby

I know the Trailblazer would have been a good one! I have had easy installs in the Envoy. I'm sorry to hear this. I am hesitant to reco this seat just for this reason. As techs, we can usually get the seat into *most* cars, but making it doable for parents is so much harder.
This is a real downer for this seat.:(

That, and our condo is up Little Cottowood Canyon. If it snows, we're screwed - we HAVE to have 4WD or chains/snow tires for them to let us up the canyon. The van has NONE of those. Which is why I reserved the Trailblazer. :rolleyes: Here's hoping...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC