Travel vest ?s

bourriquet76

We fly home to Canada at least twice a year. I typically fly alone with my 5 year old & 2 year old. My husband may join us, but he usually flies in & out alone.

At home, both kids are now in Regents. We also have a spare Turbobooster for the 5 year old and a Safety First Apex for the either to use. I have access to a Scenera as well when we are at home (my MIL's).

For travel, are the vests worth the money? Which ones? Will any of them fit a 36" 28lb 2 year old? How about a 43.5 " 37lb 5 year old?

We have a KidsFlySafe for the plane, but I love the idea of bringing vests instead of car seats for at my parents' house. Dragging 2 car seats and 2 kids is a little difficult and the car seat choices in Canada are lacking for what I want (and too expensive to justify for a part-time, twice a year spare seat).

Many thanks!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The smallest travel vest, the Small Ridesafer, is from 35 pounds and up, it should probably work fine for your 5 yo (it'd be great in the middle with a lapbelt only and a top tether, since we know Canadian cars have top tether anchors...), but for the 2 yo, you really need to just bring a seat. Depending on how long your visits are, it may well be a good choice to get a Graco Platinum Cargo or Evenflo Chase, they have tall top slots and harness to 48/47 pounds, you could get quite a few years harness use out of it and then use it as a booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC