What do you think?

dd9736

This is not a situation we really have to worry about that much, but on the rare occasion DH takes our Niece and Nephew and their parents place,s nad I got to thinking, about going places with them.
We have a F-350 supercrew cab with bench seats front and back.
Our nephew is ffing in an old looking OHS, he's 27lbs, and 4years old
Our niece is 7months, about 14lbs, normally rfing in an evenflo portabout (DS1's old seat) (fits the radian perfectly, the only adjustment we needed to make between him riding in it and her, was to snug the harness down a little)
DS1 is 19-20lbs rfing in his radian
DS2 (6wks) currently 9-10lbs in our 2005 peg perego primo viaggio

If we were to want/need to take all 4 kids someplace at the same time, who would you put in the middle of the front seat. The rear seat is a 60/40 split, the front has a flip down console (locks in the up position) in the center with a lap only belt, there is obviously an airbag on the passenger side.

ADS

Baby D

Your nephew is the only one who can go in the front in the center position because everyone else is rear facing. We have the same truck!

dd9736

oh, and i forgot to mention, we're in canada, where tethering a ffing seat is mandatory, there is no tether up front

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Ford allows you to tether from the front seat to the rear seat tether anchors. As long as the tether does not interfere with the rfing seat it is going over it should be fine. I've had good luck doing this in my mom's trucks with several seats over the years.

Also, FWIW, I would look into replacing the old OHS seat.

dd9736

There are 3 tethers behind the back seat, that's why I mentioned the 60/40 split, becuase the seat back has to be flipped down to access the tether spot.
There are just the standard front airbags, drivers and passenger side.
with the radian OHS seat, and peg carrier, there was at least 3-4 inches between each carseat, the truck is massive wide.
As for the OHS seat, that is my SIL's and she is on welfare, barely making it as is, she can't afford a new seat, I've convinced her to go with me next time we're at our MIL's place to check out a seat they have in storage, there, and I'll help her get the best combo of the 2 OHS seats and carrier, as her DD will outgrow the carrier sooner or later. I may be able to convince her to get 1 new scenra if we can find one on sale, and that's a big might.

Suzibeck

I would still put the ff child in the front, even if you can't tether it. The airbag could easily kill a rfing child. I would think there would be some exemption for such a situation. Is turning off the airbags an option? Is so, then I might consider putting the largest rfing child in the front.

If the airbags cannot be turned off and you must transport all in one vehicle, then the ff child would have to be in the front.

sixboys

I would put your Radian FF on the middle of the front seat for your nephew on the occasions that you need to transport all four children. We have an Excursion with a center console seat, and the Radian installs GREAT in that position, and it's narrow width and low profile doesn't get in the way of the driver or front seat passenger's comfort.

Then I would purchase a Scenera for your DS1 to ride in while his cousin borrows the Radian.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC