Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

DH sent me this about Graco

DH works for the transit authority and came across this while browsing FTA documents. Thought it might be of interest.

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2...f/E7-21903.pdf

What are your thoughts on this?

CCO 4/15

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: DH sent me this about Graco

Seems reasonable. Leaving the web address off is basically the only thing that is "wrong" and I just don't think that is that big of a deal. The old phone number thing also, is just not that big of a deal, IMO, and since they are willing to foot the bill to have all calls to the old number routed to the new number anyway, it's moot, people trying to call NHTSA will get NHTSA. I can't see recalling millions of seats due to an error of that type. As they stated, it doesn't actually compromise SAFETY in any way.

Alex, 8 Katie, 12 and Annabelle Jan 2017

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bobandjess99 View Post
    Seems reasonable. Leaving the web address off is basically the only thing that is "wrong" and I just don't think that is that big of a deal. The old phone number thing also, is just not that big of a deal, IMO, and since they are willing to foot the bill to have all calls to the old number routed to the new number anyway, it's moot, people trying to call NHTSA will get NHTSA. I can't see recalling millions of seats due to an error of that type. As they stated, it doesn't actually compromise SAFETY in any way.

It was pretty proactive of them to get rights to the wrong phone number imo. Of course the whole thing could have been avoided in the first place of course by a bit of proofreading, but it in no way compromises safety. I am comfortable using my SafeSeat 1 which was manufactured within that time frame.

Yep. This is just an example of a "recall" that does not affect safety (not all of them do.)
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

Those were my thoughts, too. I totally agree with Graco's stance on that. It's a bit rediculous to recall millions of seats for leaving off a website address. Esp. since every single seat comes with an addressed postage paid postcard for registering.

CCO 4/15

Quote Originally Posted by Dillipop View Post
    Those were my thoughts, too. I totally agree with Graco's stance on that. It's a bit ridiculous to recall millions of seats for leaving off a website address. Esp. since every single seat comes with an addressed postage paid postcard for registering.
    Yep - same here.
    Also most people who have internet by now, & who would be the ones registering it, could easily discover the Graco site with a Google or ask.com search. The only issue is that it's Gracobaby.com, not Graco.com.
    My Munchkin -- Nov 2008--5 years, 45.5", 42lbs
    Current Stats: 12 years old /5'5/ 115lbs/ Seatbelt

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Phillip K. Dick

CPS Fanatic

I registered my seat by the website. I didn't even notice the website wasn't on the card. I happened to know it was GracoBaby and not Graco, but even if I hadn't, a little google action would have handle that problem.

CPS Technician

This is why I like Graco. They were proactive concerning the superseded phone number, and has been stated by a previous poster, this doesn't affect seat safety at all.

Every company has recalls. This shows difference between how a company correctly handles a problem, and is in direct contrast to the way the Dorel/Cosco/Juvenal group has handled recalls, and is why I won't allow their products into my home/car. Graco, Britax, SKJP, Compass, and others handling of recalls engender trust in the consumer. Dorel/Cosco/Juvenal's handling of recalls does not.
    Ian James - 3.5 Years
    FF Learning Curve Truefit and FF Britax RA