DH sent me this about Graco

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Seems reasonable. Leaving the web address off is basically the only thing that is "wrong" and I just don't think that is that big of a deal. The old phone number thing also, is just not that big of a deal, IMO, and since they are willing to foot the bill to have all calls to the old number routed to the new number anyway, it's moot, people trying to call NHTSA will get NHTSA. I can't see recalling millions of seats due to an error of that type. As they stated, it doesn't actually compromise SAFETY in any way.

ThreeBeans

Seems reasonable. Leaving the web address off is basically the only thing that is "wrong" and I just don't think that is that big of a deal. The old phone number thing also, is just not that big of a deal, IMO, and since they are willing to foot the bill to have all calls to the old number routed to the new number anyway, it's moot, people trying to call NHTSA will get NHTSA. I can't see recalling millions of seats due to an error of that type. As they stated, it doesn't actually compromise SAFETY in any way.

:thumbsup:

It was pretty proactive of them to get rights to the wrong phone number imo. Of course the whole thing could have been avoided in the first place of course by a bit of proofreading, but it in no way compromises safety. I am comfortable using my SafeSeat 1 which was manufactured within that time frame.

Dillipop

Those were my thoughts, too. I totally agree with Graco's stance on that. It's a bit rediculous to recall millions of seats for leaving off a website address. Esp. since every single seat comes with an addressed postage paid postcard for registering.

Morganthe

Those were my thoughts, too. I totally agree with Graco's stance on that. It's a bit ridiculous to recall millions of seats for leaving off a website address. Esp. since every single seat comes with an addressed postage paid postcard for registering.

Yep - same here.
Also most people who have internet by now, & who would be the ones registering it, could easily discover the Graco site with a Google or ask.com search. The only issue is that it's Gracobaby.com, not Graco.com. :shrug-shoulders:

ThreeBeans

I registered my seat by the website. I didn't even notice the website wasn't on the card. I happened to know it was GracoBaby and not Graco, but even if I hadn't, a little google action would have handle that problem.

Wineaux

This is why I like Graco. They were proactive concerning the superseded phone number, and has been stated by a previous poster, this doesn't affect seat safety at all.

Every company has recalls. This shows difference between how a company correctly handles a problem, and is in direct contrast to the way the Dorel/Cosco/Juvenal group has handled recalls, and is why I won't allow their products into my home/car. Graco, Britax, SKJP, Compass, and others handling of recalls engender trust in the consumer. Dorel/Cosco/Juvenal's handling of recalls does not.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC