I've got 7 seats to install!

Yep I finally got some seats loaned out to see what it "think" of them. I will finally get to install the seats into a few cars!

and...it's not raining!!

ADS
an not one person cared :(

Anyway i did all 7 and hated 5 of them!
I think im packing my bags on britax AU the seat does not fit well at all in forward and rear facing.

So im knackered and worn out now.

no, chinese... i still have to get hold of a cosco scenera seat - we dont have many American seats now, most are chinese :( most of our cars are Japanese or Australian.

jdchic3

I was interested! ;) Just waiting for more information on what seats in what vehicles and how they did/how you liked them. Also hoping for pics! ;)

Okies. well the car is a jap import, and I dont know what name they are there in the US.
I was also going to install in a toyota and evo but never did. It was too hot and I was over it once I got to the last few seats. I will d/l the photos now.

May I ask why?

With the MA (marathon), is the lock off used the side away from the latch plate? and if so, why does it pull to one side so much without the tether attached?
Also the latch plate came into the slots on the site, but not through, is that ok (okay)?

USmominOz

Which SnS seats did you use and what car in NZ? I have never had a problem w/ any of my SnS (Royale and maxi) but my radian is another story.

I wish we had techs here in Qld. I know that they have them in New South Wales.

I wish that I could become one here.

I have tried:

Guardian - 2002
Galaxy - 2004
Premier - 2005
AHR - 2004
Discovery (1997 and 2001 models)

The only one i get a good fit with was the AHR - with the rf lock offs. I found the ff lock offs on the premier slide right out ( they have been added to the seat as they are not sold with lock offs here).
I could nearly turn the ff premier back to rf with the belt as tight as it would go (no top tether at the time). I tried to use a classic locking clip too, but it did not help at all. It does fit perfect in the middle though (all my car seats do, appart from the UK seats).

I will try them (ahr and premier) again some time and see how i get on.

Now for photos:

Jan1007476.jpg

Supernanny seat - $149 nz
moved all over the place.
Handle had to be forward and this is why:

Jan1007475.jpg

With the handle down and pushed towards back of car:

Jan1007466.jpg

The pink is overload for me and i would not buy pink infant car seat - gag!

UK infant capsule

Jan1007463.jpg

this fit very well. I would have tried it with the base too, but the local baby store did not communicate well and I was offered 20% discount and the manager was not in and they never returned my call.

Supernanny 3 in 1

I did not like this seat. It was an odd shape and hard to get bits in and out. The head rest came forward from the seat back. The straps are quite twisty too.

Jan1007488.jpg

Jan1007492.jpg

Jan1007499.jpg

Belt guide was nice, but took me ages to get the thing off!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC