If money weren't an issue.....

Amaris

Which seat would you get and why? Right now I'm thinking Kaitlin will probably go into a Blvd in probably 2-6 months depending on her growth rate. Is there anything else out there that I should be looking at? I found a recaro on target.com but it only went to 40lbs so I'm assuming it isn't very tall. Is the Blvd the best thing out there that is taller and goes to a higher weight? I know I've heard good things about the radian but I can't find it around here anywhere. Does it install well rear facing? It will be in a Ford Expedition (I think it's an 05 or 06 but not 100% sure) on leather seats. It will be outboard next to a graco air booster. Any other ideas are appreciated!

Edited to add that I would prefer side impact protection, however it isn't 100% necessary since we have curtain air bags......it's only 95% necessay!

ADS

JessicaS

I'd get a BLVD then, since it has everything you're looking for, and comes in nice covers. :)

When is Britax going to start allowing their seats to RF to 35 pounds? I'd hold off on buying one until then, if you could!

Amaris

I'd like to hold off, but she's only got a little less than 2 inches before she has to be out of the seat! I'm hoping that she slows down some, but I like to be prepared. I don't want to put her in the seat one day and see that she's outgrown it and not have anything else to put her in!

csma

I'm guessing you were looking at the Recaro Young Sport at Target? This is a forward facing-only seat that converts to a booster when the harness is outgrown or the child reaches 40 pounds, so not okay for your DD at this time.

JessicaS

I'd like to hold off, but she's only got a little less than 2 inches before she has to be out of the seat! I'm hoping that she slows down some, but I like to be prepared. I don't want to put her in the seat one day and see that she's outgrown it and not have anything else to put her in!

I think they plan to start allowing the RFing to 35lbs with DOMs of Jan. '08 and newer. Do you think she'll outgrow it that fast?

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
If money was completely not an issue, she'd be riding in a Regent in a Volvo 7-passenger SUV.

I can (not a brag, just a statement) pretty much afford to buy any seat I need with careful planning and budgeting.

I can't afford a new or new-to-me car, though. I drive a Subaru Forester with a not-huge backseat and I occasionally need to do three-across (sometimes with boostered children and sometimes with children who are safely able to ride in a seatbelt). So I need something narrow, and I am pleased with the Radians.

That was about me. Now about you -- the Radian is really long rear-facing, but it might work in an Expedition. The Boulevard would also be a good choice, or you might wait for the Compass TrueFit.

Amaris

I'm guessing you were looking at the Recaro Young Sport at Target? This is a forward facing-only seat that converts to a booster when the harness is outgrown or the child reaches 40 pounds, so not okay for your DD at this time.

That's the one I was looking at but it did lead me to look at other recaro's. I've found the como and signo but I'm not sure if they would fit and of course I can't find them locally to try them out. I'm going to try to wait until Jan to see if britax puts a 35lb rear facing limit on the blvd, but I'm going to have to watch her very closely. I really wanted to find a sell online but I will go out to bru and buy one if it becomes necessary. It's been so long since I've looked at convertables that I wasn't sure what was new that was a good seat and worth the money. I'm willing to pay whatever for a seat but I want one that's going to last!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC