Dreamtimebaby Signo Order

mom2boys

Ok, I am ticked at this one. I ordered the Signo when Dreamtimebaby.com had an error in the price. I have been waiting since Sept. 9 for the Signo. Today I got an email from Dreamtimebaby saying they are canceling my order because they no longer have an estimated time of arrival on the Signo seat in cobalt color and they can't hold the order on backorder any longer. They gave me a refund. So, I checked their website and they have the Signo on sale and have an ETA of 12/3/07. So, I called customer service and asked why my order was cancelled and why it is still available on backorder on line. I talked to a nice customer service lady named Jen who said that Recaro canceled the order because their system can only hold orders for so long. Thus, they canceled my order. Uh, OK?? So, then she told me I could place the order again. I told her I wanted the same price I had before. Then she said she agreed with that and that it was crappy that this happened and so she is going to try to get a supervisor to get me a Signo at the original price I paid....but the supervisor went home sick. So, she'll call me Monday. Yeah, I've heard that line before. Anyway, I doubt I will get the seat now. But, I had to vent. I also wanted to see if the others who ordered on the 40% off sale got the same email/refund. :mad::mad::mad: I was wanting a True Fit more anyway, but I am still mad.

ADS

AmyKat

Recaro canceled the order because their system can only hold orders for so long.

That makes NO sense! I ordered my seat in April from Stroll and Go and Recaro didn't make them cancel that order. Had they already charged your card?

Cindy&Connor

That makes no sense. I didn't get an email but I ordered a different color. Someone else on the main forum said dreamtime baby cancelled their order too but I don't know if they got it at the mistake price. I really don't want the seat anymore and I'm planning to sell it but I'll be really ticked off if they held my money with no intent of sending me the seat.

mom2boys

Yeah, it makes no sense. I think they just wanted to get out of selling the seat at a deal. But, since they didn't cancel Cindy's order, then I am not sure what is going on. They just sent me an email with a $10 gift certificate. Like that would make up for holding my money for almost 3 months. Ugh! I am going to be writing some letters to the BBB and any other place I can think of because I think this is unethical.

tylersmom

I also had the cobalt although I called to see if I could change to the desert midnight and they said yes.

I wonder if it was all orders or just the cobalt?

Also, I called and got some girl that just gave me the run around "yeah, we cancelled it".

Then I called back and got Jenn and asked her why they were still selling them AND had a delivery date but cancelled my order and said it was b/c they didn't have a delivery date.

She apologized and I think emailed me a $10 off coupon (it came through email while I was talking to her although she didn't say she was sending it?). She said they just realized what was going on Friday and had already contacted corporate about it and blah blah blah. I asked what exactly did that mean for me and for me to get my carseat? She said she or a manager would call back on Monday.

I told her I was VERY upset b/c I WILLINGLY let them keep my money for 60+ days while I watched other sales come and go with other vendors. And now it was too late to buy through someone else with a sale price.

She apologized again and said someone would call.

The $224 price through Baby Catalog doesn't seem that bad. But at this point, I'm not sure if I would be better off just getting a booster! :mad:

tylersmom

Update on my order:

I called this morning and talked to Simona. I asked if it was all colors or just the cobalt. I told her I had requested the midnight desert after I got an email for me to confirm my color choice.

She said all colors were backordered, so they all should have been cancelled.

She said it's policy to cancel orders longer than 30 days. I said it was also policy to not charge me until my order shipped.

She said I could repurchase. I asked if she thought it was fair to cancel my order at a lower price just to offer me to repurchase at a higher price? I think she was a little shocked by this.

Anyway, I told her a supervisor was supposed to call me since I had called on Friday but I had that question (about the colors) that I wanted to know before the supervisor called me.

I got in the shower immediately after that and while I was still in the shower, Simona called back.

She said they were allowing me to repurchase or place a new order at the old price. She needed my credit card number again even though I don't have my refund back yet, but whatever....I'll stay on top of that.

I had free shipping before and my total wa $173.40 (or close to that). She did free shipping again but said my total was $171.63-ish. It was about $2 difference anyway. Not really sure why or how, but we'll see.

She said it should ship by 12/7.

mom2boys

I got a call back from Jen this morning and she also put in a new order for me for the cobalt Signo at the old price. They also let me keep the $10 gift certificate for my trouble. Actually, it ended up being $1 cheaper because they also added on expidited shipping for free, and to offset that cost they put in a discount that was $1 too high. So, I should get it on Dec.6. So, this has been a hassle, but they did fix it properly.

Cindy&Connor

I wonder if I should call? They haven't cancelled my order that I know of but I'm curious.

ETA-I'm glad they fixed your orders. I just called and my order wasn't cancelled. I talked to Jen and she was so nice. She told me they don't have a new ship date :confused::rolleyes: and they would have to contact the manufacturer. She'll let me know by Wednesday.

Last edited:

mom2boys

Yeah! :D Let me know what you think, I am curious. Plus, did it change at all from the previous shipment of 16 to Right Start?

Cindy&Connor

Well I got it but I haven't taken it out of the box since I'm not keeping it. It's already listed on Craigslist as new in box so even though I want to open and play with it so bad, I'm not going to.

mom2boys

I got my Signo last Friday and it isn't going to work for us. :( My son's are a tad bit too broad for it, so I have to pass. It won't last us that long, so I need to start over and find something else. I am so upset because I really like this seat. I feel like my child is more protected in this seat than any other seat I have seen- the side walls are so nice and deep. It is so soft and padded nicely. The straps are thinner than Britax, but I don't find them to be different than the evenflo or Alpha Omega's we have owned. The cobalt color is really beautiful for a boy (and mom who is tired of looking at black onyx). Anyway, I only had it out for a few minutes because I knew I was going to have to try to sell it somehow....but I wish I could have made it work somehow. I wish I had the DHL guy back here, he was in love with the seat and wanted to get one for his son. I wasn't thinking, I should have gotten his info. :)

Emily'sMom

DHL can get a message to him, call the 800 number and give them the tracking number on the package.. tell them you need to speak to the driver that delivered your package. They can have him call you.
Or troll the businesses in your area around 10 am or 5 pm.
Sorry your seat didn't work out after all that.
Annie
(I work for Fedex)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC