best price for girly HWH seat...

daycaremom2002

I am looking for the bet price for either a Radian 80 or a girly print Regent. My friend has a 4yo 41lb autistic daughter who is making driving anywhere a royal pain!!! She want to ride in her brothers booster in the middle row of their suburban. My friend was looking to buy her a Regent or a Radian at tax time when they get their money, but it is looking like she needs it now.

I think the Radian might be better because they need 3 across frequently, as they add and lose foster kids. I think the 80 is the best idea also because she will love the girly print and will want to sit in it, and it sounds like it might have slightly more padding and she has sensory issues.

The do not have headrests or high bench seats in their suburban, or tether anchors actually, now that I think of it. Her DD loves her cousins apex, but it just doesn't work in their vehicle.

I know, she has to be the parent and make her sit where she is safest, but we all know how hard it is to convince someone who is 4, autistic, and irrational. LOL

Anyhow, any ideas on the best price? They are on a VERY tight budget(like would rather spend $40 and give in to let her have a booster tight)

ADS

Niea

Well, since they are on a very tight budget and the girl isn't heavy for her age, how about just getting the Radian 65? I know it doesn't have all the padding of the 80, but if they find they need it they could always purchase it separately later on, right? If she likes the Apex, then she's probably be okay with the 65 as it is.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
If there are no tethers, unless they can be retrofitted, you may want to rethink the Regent, it requires a tether after 50 pounds.

daycaremom2002

I don't know if tethers can be retrofitted in her truck. I will have to find out. I am starting to wonder if her DD just doesn't want to be in the third row anymore though. I am going to talk to her tonight.

Do the Radian 80's have much more seat padding than the 65's? I am curious for my information for later....I think it will take a girly seat for her DD.

The Apex has a lot of cushion in it. I really wish there was a way to make this seat work in her truck. Maybe I can get her a month or two further and we can look at the new Compass and Graco seats. I will have to see what I can do. She is in a Futura now and those have very little padding, so that may be why she is having a fit. Her sensory issues are HUGE!!

MsFacetious

Is there a store around there where you could go try out the Radian? Then see if the tether anchors can be retrofitted to know if you should even consider the Regent.

Those are the only two I know of that come in girly covers aside from the Graco Safe Seat 2 if you call that a girly cover. :)

daycaremom2002

unfortunately, we have no stores that carry the Radian. Only 1 specialty store carries the Regent, and they are almost always on order. I doubt the Regent will work, just because of the size. She frequently fills her 9 seater suburban, and the Regent would take up too much room. I may just have to order a Radian80 to see if it will work.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC